Step on stepper motors

Répondre
koco1994

Step on stepper motors

Message par koco1994 »

Hi i have one qestion

I set driver to 1/16 and miling is realy perfect bit toooo slow... What if i set my steppers to 1/4 how mitch diference on perfection I see....

Because my priority is 3d modeling ....

Ty for help

Sory for bad eanglish :(
Aze

Re: Step on stepper motors

Message par Aze »

You won't go faster with 1/4 microsteps.
You can go a bit faster if you change some value in your GRBL configuration (acceleration, max feedrate, jerk) but you have to check if your drivers don't get too hot or your motors.
make a new file on your SD card: yourname.nc , and run it like a normal gcode with your LCD screen.
I'm using these parameters since a long time without any issues. Put this in your yourname.nc file:

$120=400
$121=400
$110=10800
$111=10800
$1=255

The best way to go faster is to use better strategies (with Fusion360, because I'm not sure that Estlcam can do that), make several gcodes:
-a big endmill for the rough part
-a smaller one if needed
-a not to small ballnose endmill for your finishing part
-a small ballnose endmill for the very small parts
and in Fusion, try to reduce your Z travels a lot, reduce your high levels when not milling (by defaults it's 5mm and 10mm, but it's way too much for us), check the bow 'keep Z low', try to speed up your linkages, etc...

If you work on all these settings and tips, you'll reduce your milling time a lot! But you have to learn everything first.
Répondre