Issue with nunchuck

Répondre
vair327

Issue with nunchuck

Message par vair327 »

I just finished my wiring up my rs-cnc and I had no z movement in one direction did find a problem with the shield. I had to edit pins.h and move DIR from Z port to the A port to get it to work. I did try two different megas one was a Keyestudio mega and the other is an original Arduino mega. So that problem is overcome for now.

The one problem I cannot overcome is the problem with the nunchuck. After powerup, if you try to move the X or Z by pushing the C button the Y-axis will move towards home position before you can hit the joystick and completely ignores joystick commands. If you press the Z button the Z-axis will move down without any movement of the joystick and again ignores and commands from the joystick. Now if I hook up to repetier host and connect the joystick works just as intended.

My setup is a bit different in that my display is hooked up to the Arduino by a 6-foot ribbon cable. The display works fine. I don't see this as being a problem, and if it was a problem why connecting to repetier host would correct it I don't understand.

Thanks in advance.
RoMaker
Administrateur du site

Re: Issue with nunchuck

Message par RoMaker »

Hi,

You got 2 stranges issues !

First, Z dir pin is directly connected to the mega2560, check the PCB track and your pin header welding.

And it's very strange that the nunchuck works when connected to Repetier and not when disconnect, this is the first time i hear this issue.
Can you post some pictures of your shield wiring please ?
vair327

Message par vair327 »

Romaker

Here are the pictures you requested. I checked the connection for continuity from driver to board and all looks good. As you can see the DIR is on the A port. Pardon the messy wiring, I have not cleaned up anything. :D

The nunchuck does work correctly even after being disconnected from repetier host as long as the cnc is not power off.

Picture of my control panel.
Steve H

Message par Steve H »

Not sure if this helps or not, but I find that if I press the reset button first, it always works correctly.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
vair327

Message par vair327 »

Steve H

Thanks for the tip! :D :D It works perfectly if you reset after powerup.

Thanks for all the help!
Steve H

Message par Steve H »

That’s great. Glad I could help.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Répondre