No frequency on PWM for spindle control

Répondre
iainforrest

No frequency on PWM for spindle control

Message par iainforrest »

Hey guys,

I'm pretty much up and running, except for the spindle control from the software.
I'm using the V1.5 board.
I have the PWM to 0-10v converter board and have it all wired up, but I'm not getting any frequency output.

I discovered your doc on this thread - viewtopic.php?p=41441#p41441
and updated the GRBL firmware as suggested but still no joy.

I know that the rest of it is working because when I use UGS I can use the spindle on command M03 and the it registers that it is turned on, and I can set the speed with Sxxxx and it shows the correct speed on the screen.
However, I wasn't getting any movement. I tested the 0-10V output and noted that I was only getting 0V no matter what the setting.
So I moved to testing the frequency on the PWM output and this is where I noticed that I am getting nothing. There is voltage going through it when I turn the spindle on but no frequency.
A couple of times when I was testing it, a frequency would show up on my meter for about 2-3 seconds and then go back to zero.
Here is a video of me testing the Frequency and voltage with various spindle settings -
https://photos.app.goo.gl/4R8xysADBpbUgmu86

So I know that it is partially working because using the M03 and M05 commands makes the voltage go on and off.

The only thing I found which may have been a part of it is in the document you did above. you have
2021-06-14_11-47-47.png
in the actual file the line looks like
2021-06-14_12-06-04.png
With Khz instead of just Hz. I've tried with this set to 2000 as per the original instructions and then again with 2 and then removing 3x0 from line 545.
There appeared to be no difference with either setting.

I'm now drawing a blank and hoping you might know what is going on.

Thanks in advance.
Vous n’avez pas les permissions nécessaires pour voir les fichiers joints à ce message.
RoMaker
Administrateur du site

Re: No frequency on PWM for spindle control

Message par RoMaker »

Hi,

To wire a PWM->0-10v converter, You have to wire as on the V2.0 board:

input gnd on the converter -> on the PWM S pin on the board
Input PWM on the converter -> on the +5V of the board

Répondre