Starting problems

HTheatre

Re: Starting problems

Message par HTheatre »

Even for doing tests, the connexion I circleled en red is very very bad. The TX<->RX signals are highly sensitive and the TX<->RX wires just past above and very close from the alternative current's wires.

See ya
sanremo

Message par sanremo »

RoMaker a écrit : 17 avr. 2021 01:15 You have ?? on the screen, it's a communication issue.
If your wiring between TFT and GRBL board is ok, i think that your STM32 is not well flashed.
Flash it again after well reading tutorial.
Or your welding of the pins on the STM32 have to be checked
After your post I twisted both wires for sure - same result. Two ?? in the corner.
second try, I used two new cables between TX and RX - same result.

Okey, so it must be a communication issue as you said.
I flashed the STM32 twice this afternoon, both times exactly from tutorial and had in both operations a OK verification?!
But I'm going to flash it again tomorrow.
Cause I feared any problem in this case, I ordered a new STM32 today - will get it next week.
Maybe it is damaged from welding or static charging??! Try a new one.
Thanks a lot for your help.
sanremo

Message par sanremo »

HTheatre a écrit : 17 avr. 2021 01:40 Even for doing tests, the connexion I circleled en red is very very bad. The TX<->RX signals are highly sensitive.

See ya
Okey thanks - I'll fix it!
HTheatre

Message par HTheatre »

sanremo a écrit : 17 avr. 2021 01:43
HTheatre a écrit : 17 avr. 2021 01:40 Even for doing tests, the connexion I circleled en red is very very bad. The TX<->RX signals are highly sensitive.

See ya
Okey thanks - I'll fix it!
Ok, and keep the TX<->RX wires away from the alternative current's wires.
sanremo

Message par sanremo »

Hey guys, hello Romain,
I got my new STM32 today.
Flashed the firmware again and it works!! :D
Idle message in display is gone and the stepper motor is running via the move command.
Next step is testing the other drivers and motors and after all I'll start assembling the parts.

Thanks for your great support!!
For upcoming problems, and I fear this won't be the last one, I will show up again ;)
see ya
HTheatre

Message par HTheatre »

Hi sanremo,

Great!

See ya,
sanremo

Message par sanremo »

Thanks HTheatre!

--
Correction: certainly I meant question marks are gone - not the idle message :D
DaveDolsonUSA

Message par DaveDolsonUSA »

I’m getting closer to where your at now.
Something I noticed in your picture.
If I read the wiring and power information correctly
I see you have a white cable running to the STM32, and no cable connected to the ESP32 board.

In the instructions it seems to say to plug the usb power cable or PC to the ESP32, and to load SIM cards using the STM32.

Am I correct?
HTheatre

Message par HTheatre »

Hi Dave,
DaveDolsonUSA a écrit : 28 avr. 2021 04:41 I’m getting closer to where your at now.
I see you have a white cable running to the STM32, and no cable connected to the ESP32 board.

In the instructions it seems to say to plug the usb power cable or PC to the ESP32, and to load SIM cards using the STM32.

Am I correct?
I am sorry, I do not understand what you want to mean.

On the picture of the RS-CNC32's electronics of sanremo, there are a white wire and a white cable, only. The white cable is the one of the nunchuck whereas the white wire is the - of the 24V power source, which is connected to the GND of, and to power, the 32 bits GRBL board. So, in my opinion, the wiring of sanremo's electronics is correct.

On its picture, the ESP-32 (which is the chip behind the TFT - at your message read, I believe you mixed up the ESP-32 and the STM-32) is powered by the GND and 5V from the link between the 2 boards. In the case where the 32bits GRBL board would not be powered on, then an external power source would be necessary to power on the ESP-32. The GND and 5V from an USB câble connected between a USB A port of a PC and the USB B port of the RS-CNC32 (the USB B port is on the button's panel in the front of the RS-CNC32), or directly to the microUSB port of the ESP-32, for example.

See ya,
sanremo

Message par sanremo »

HTheatre a écrit : 28 avr. 2021 10:28 Hi Dave,
DaveDolsonUSA a écrit : 28 avr. 2021 04:41 I’m getting closer to where your at now.

Am I correct?
I am sorry, I do not understand what you want to mean.

On the picture of the RS-CNC32's electronics of sanremo, there are a white wire and a white cable, only. The white cable is the one of the nunchuck whereas the white wire is the - of the 24V power source, which is connected to the GND of, and to power, the 32 bits GRBL board. So, in my opinion, the wiring of sanremo's electronics is correct.

On its picture, the ESP-32 (which is the chip behind the TFT - at your message read, I believe you mixed up the ESP-32 and the STM-32) is powered by the GND and 5V from the link between the 2 boards. In the case where the 32bits GRBL board would not be powered on, then an external power source would be necessary to power on the ESP-32. The GND and 5V from an USB câble connected between a USB A port of a PC and the USB B port of the RS-CNC32 (the USB B port is on the button's panel in the front of the RS-CNC32), or directly to the microUSB port of the ESP-32, for example.

See ya,
Hi HTheatre,
your explanation is correct, thanks for it. Nunchuck is laying on the left side out of the picture (connected to the TFT) and white wire is ground from 24V power supply connected to the GRBL board.

BR
Répondre