franmoreno

Re: laser does not work

Message par franmoreno »

Hello, it is module 10w

https://a.aliexpress.com/_vMkG5D
HTheatre

Message par HTheatre »

franmoreno a écrit : 14 avr. 2021 17:46 Thanks for your answer, I will look at the wiring, the same is the error there is, yes I followed the steps in the tutorial but when the laser did not turn on, I changed the yellow cable to 5v
As I wrote you in a previous post, if the laser does not turn on (or does not work properly) when you wire it exactly like on the Romain's tutorial, it's maybe because the PWM signal is not inverted in the firmware of the STM-32. Please, check the line #280 in the config.h file of the firmware you upload into the STM-32. You should read this :
280 #define INVERT_SPINDLE_PWM
If you read that:
280 // #define INVERT_SPINDLE_PWM
The laser can't work properly. Please confirm else we will not be able to help you to solve your issue.

See ya,
franmoreno

Message par franmoreno »

if you check it and it is fine, line 280 is as you say. # define_invert_pwm in front I don't have // ​​see you later
HTheatre

Message par HTheatre »

Hi Fran,
franmoreno a écrit : 15 avr. 2021 05:31 if you check it and it is fine, line 280 is as you say. # define_invert_pwm in front I don't have // ​​see you later
Ok. So can you do the following tests?

BE AWARE, This tests assumes you didn't change the $30 value which was setting to 100 on your ARDUINO IDE screen shot, and the laser is wired as recommended in the Romain's tutorial.
  1. Power your RS-CNC32 on
  2. Put your protection laserglasses on
  3. Turn the laser on from the integrated switch (BE CAREFUL : Always power the RS-CNC32 on before to turn the laser on)
  4. Connect the RS-CNC32 to your PC using a USB data cable. On the touch screen of the RS-CNC32, press "Mill" then "USB" keys
    vStart ARDUINO IDE, press Ctrl+Shift+M keys to open the serial monitor. Type M4 + [ENTER] and then S0 + [ENTER]. Look at the intensity of the laser. How it is? Low or high? Now, type S50 + [ENTER]. Does the intensity of the laser has increased? Now, type S100 + [ENTER]. Does the intensity of the laser has still increased? Finally, type M5 + [ENTER]. Does the laser turned off ?
If your replies are, in order : low, yes, yes, yes, then the laser works properly and the problem come from the setting of the laser manager software you are using.

For example...
  1. Start Laser GRBL
  2. Design a little laser job
  3. Before to generate the file by clicking on "Create" button, change S-max value to 100 as Romain said
  4. Place the generated file on the SD card and insert the SD card to its slot on the RS-CNC32
  5. Power the RS-CNC32 on, place the laser above the point you want the job starts and press "Set XYZ" key of the touch screen
  6. Turn the laser on from the integrated switch
  7. On the touch screen press "Mill" and "SD Card"
  8. Browse to the file you previously created and press it
  9. Finally press "Start" key. Is it now ok or still not?
@+
franmoreno

Message par franmoreno »

I followed your steps but the laser did not react, I rewired the entire board to see if the fault was there but the laser was still the same. in the end I read a lot on the forum and decided to put a resistance between the S and 5v and I was happy to see that the laser was working correctly. now to enjoy 8-) , thank you from the heart

https://youtube.com/shorts/18I-seCogBw?feature=share
Vous n’avez pas les permissions nécessaires pour voir les fichiers joints à ce message.
HTheatre

Message par HTheatre »

Hola franmoreno,
franmoreno a écrit : 14 mai 2021 18:37 I followed your steps but the laser did not react, I rewired the entire board to see if the fault was there but the laser was still the same. in the end I read a lot on the forum and decided to put a resistance between the S and 5v and I was happy to see that the laser was working correctly. now to enjoy 8-) , thank you from the heart
Thank you for your feedback!

See ya,
franmoreno

Message par franmoreno »

I have a question, should I remove the resistance to use the spindle?
HTheatre

Message par HTheatre »

franmoreno a écrit : 14 mai 2021 20:22 I have a question, should I remove the resistance to use the spindle?
Which model of spindle are you using ? the KATSU ?
franmoreno

Message par franmoreno »

HTheatre

Message par HTheatre »

franmoreno a écrit : 14 mai 2021 22:10 I have the Kress spindle
https://www.stoneycnc.com/amb-kress-105 ... 0vac/a3711
Ok, so you have the classic AMB model, without DI portal.
So, no, you do not have to remove the resistor when you use you AMB spindle.

See ya.
Répondre