Suggestion for ESP32 firmware uploads

Répondre
sven

Suggestion for ESP32 firmware uploads

Message par sven »

Hey guys,

I have a suggestion to simplify the firmware installation on the TFT-ESP32. On page 76/114 of HTheatre's manual, there are several steps to setup te correct Arduino environment for compiling and uploading the firmware. I'm still in the process of building my CNC, but as far as I understand every setting (at least for the dummies) can be done using the SD-card or the acces-point.

So probably the simplest way of installing the TFT-firmware is:
1. provide a compiled .bin file of Mstrens' firmware for download (if you don't make any changes the acces-point will be SSID "bbox2-58c4" / PASSWORD "your password")
2. install the usb-drivers
3. use the ESPHomeflasher to flash the binary to the ESP32
4. provide a QR-code (https://qifi.org/), maybe print it on a sticker, and you never forget the credentials for your RS-CNC32
5. configure using the SD-card

Greetings Sven
HTheatre

Re: Suggestion for ESP32 firmware uploads

Message par HTheatre »

Hi Sven,

At present time, there is still remaining the language of the TFT which can't be set using a file placed at the SD card's root.

Tot ziens!
mstrens

Message par mstrens »

The config file allows to change the colors too (and perhaps others parameters).
sven

Message par sven »

Hey guys,

I know there are limitations on the method above, I just think it is more user friendly. Maybe we could provide three compiled files for each language? You could think of it as a easy method (just flash) next to an advanced method (compile and flash), where the latter allows you to also set more options.

Just my 2 cents :D
HTheatre

Message par HTheatre »

Hi sven,

I let mstrens reply. He manages the firmwares on its GitHub page. If mstrens does, I will update the assembly manual in consequence.

Tot ziens!
sven

Message par sven »

I don't want anybody to feel obligated. It is just a suggestion.

Esphome uses it, WLED uses it. Those projects made me use a lot of esp devices in my home, just because of how easy they are to setup. Flash and go 8-)

Tot ziens!
Répondre