Assembly questions - GRBL board & backlash nut

Répondre
Nelson_C

Assembly questions - GRBL board & backlash nut

Message par Nelson_C »

I'm getting close to finishing the assmebly of my machine, but I'm hung up on a couple items...

How do you connect the STM32 board to the GRBL board? Do you solder each wire? (see pic 1)

This part was shown on the parts list on the threaded rod, but I don't see anywhere in the manual or online on if it's used. Is the brass backlash nut part intended to be used? (see pic 2)
RSCNC32 - Pic 1.jpg
RSCNC32 - Pic 2.jpg
Vous n’avez pas les permissions nécessaires pour voir les fichiers joints à ce message.
HTheatre

Re: Assembly questions - GRBL board & backlash nut

Message par HTheatre »

Hi Nelson_C,

You have to solder the 19 male pins' headers (the yellow ones on your pic 1) onto your STM-32. Pay attention, do not solder them onto the STM-32 whereas they are inserted into the 32bits GRBL board (as they are on your pic 1) or you will melt the 19 female pins' headers present onto the 32 bits GRBL board. Once it's done, your STM-32 must look like that:

You do not need the brass antibacklash nut to build the RS-CNC32. On the RS-CNC32, this antibacklash nut is replaced by a square one made in POM. This one is used at step 31 or 32 of the assembly manual (depending of the material of your Z-plate: PLA or aluminum):

See ya
Répondre