How do you use your RS-CNC32

geostein8888

How do you use your RS-CNC32

Message par geostein8888 »

Hello,
while i have still the problem that my cnc is stopping suddenly after some minutes milling, i try to figure out, what i'm doing wrong here.
I use the cnc only with the build in display and sd card reader, means i put a gcode on the sd card and start this file in the cnc.
While it looks like that nobody else has the problem with the communication between the st32 and esp (i exchanged already both boards including the cables) there must be something else wrong on my workflow perhaps

My setup:
- all switches are bridged to gnd by a jumper (except door)
- motors are disconnected from the driver boards
- communication speed 9600bd
- gcode from sd card
- 2 short shielded cables between the boards st32 ends attached to GND

Result:
after some minutes the machine stops milling goes into idle mode and on the info screen i can se one or more "o" characters
pushing cancel and starting new job works without a reset

Georg
stu_le_brew46

Re: How do you use your RS-CNC32

Message par stu_le_brew46 »

just a thought is it possible for you to post a picture of the layout of your board/wiring
geostein8888

Message par geostein8888 »

Hello,
i posted this already in this thread https://www.makerfr.com/forum/viewtopic ... 8&start=10. i exchanged already the rx/tx cables with shielded cables (connected to GND on the stm32 side)

perhaps you will see something whats wrong here

Georg
stu_le_brew46

Message par stu_le_brew46 »

what is the 'A' endstop connected to ?

The endstop cables should be shielded also

I see the other endstops are jumpered out, which makes sense for testing
mstrens

Message par mstrens »

When there is "noise" on the limit switch pins, GRBL stops and gives an alarm status.
If GRBL stops and enters Idle status, the issue is not end limit switch related.
When the TFT reports strange characters (pressing the upper left corner), it means that there is a communication issue between the 2 boards.
jahislove

Message par jahislove »

the normal baud rate for communication is 115200 bps. but you are using 9600 bps , maybe because you had some communication problem already ?

you MUST use shielded wires between ESP and GRBL (yours are not shielded on the picture) , and as short as possible (mine is 10cm, 4 inchs)

with shielded wires you can then raise your speed to 115200 because 9600 is too low for keeping the data flow between ESP and GRBL.
HTheatre

Message par HTheatre »

Georg,

Please send a picture of the shielded link you are now using between the 2 GRBL boards, and like jahislove says increase the baud per second rate to 115200, in the firmware of the ESP-32 and in the firmware of the STM-32.

See ya
mstrens

Message par mstrens »

Reducing the baudrate can not conduct to jobs ending in the middle.
It can slow down the cnc but not stop it.
Reducing the baudrate is normally just for testing purpose.
HTheatre

Message par HTheatre »

mstrens a écrit : 27 déc. 2020 09:26 Reducing the baudrate is normally just for testing purpose.
Yes, but like Georg is now using a shielded link between the 2 boards he can increase the baudrate, even to continue his tests, isn't it ?
mstrens

Message par mstrens »

In theory yes.
Still even at 9600 bauds, it does not work. I do not understand why and so best is to test first with the most conservative parameters
Répondre