shielded cable

geostein8888

Re: shielded cable

Message par geostein8888 »

Hello,
ok, this i thought already - thats not good to connect the 220V Ground /green/yellow) to the ground of the gerbl board. Unfortunately this was my last idea, why the cnc ist always stopping suddenly after some time. I even detached the wires from the gerbl board to the motor drivers, same result.
Is it possible, that there is a problem with the esp board (the stm32 i changed today already)

Georg
mstrens

Message par mstrens »

Is it right to say that even if the wires between the GRBL board and the TB600 are disconnected (and the spindle not running), you still have the TFT giving the message that it had to wait for more than 2 min (or is it another message)?

If so, this is very strange because when the motor are not running there should not be a lot noise on the communication between the 2 boards.

Are you using the latest version on github (for ESP32 and STM32)? Those versions are several month old but should be OK.

If the issue is still there and if you have a 5V power supply available (able to deliver at least 1A), you could try disconnecting the 5V wire between the 2 boards and use a separate 5V power supply just for the ESP32 board. Perhaps the on board power supply is not OK (or there is a bad contact on some connector) and there are currently some voltage drops when ESP32 requires a lot of current for the wifi.

Another question: have you already tried to reduce the baudrate?
geostein8888

Hello,
yes exactly, i disconnected the GRBL Board from the 3 TB600, and there was no spindle running.
I don't think that there is a problem with the 5V for the ESP, if so i should also see a flickering on the TFT - a serial connection is not taking so much power.

i had to compile the the stm32 hex file by my self with the source from the link in the website here (guess version is from January 2020). The original compiled hexfile linke in the site, did not work, i always got the "??" in the upper right corner

both firmaware (stm and esp were been set to 115200bd)

not sure if this will change when i change to 57 or less, for a disitance from less then 20cm the 115k shouldn't be a problem.

is it possible, that my self compiled firmware can have a problem? do you have a hexfile what is working?

in case of changing the bd rate esp ino file:

Code : Tout sélectionner

Serial2.begin(115200, SERIAL_8N1, SERIAL2_RXPIN, SERIAL2_TXPIN); // initialise le port série vers grbl
  Serial2.setRxBufferSize(1024);
and stm32 config.h

// Serial baud rate
#define BAUD_RATE 115200
and i have to take then 57600
is this correct?

Georg
mstrens

Message par mstrens »

When wifi is activated (even if it not used), ESP32 has high current peak for very short time. This current is normally provided from the GRBL board. So if there is a bad contact in the connection (e.g. on the Gnd wire), there could be that the Serial signal voltage is corrupted.
That is the reason why I suggested to test with a separate power supply.

As test, instead of using another power supply, you could also disable the wifi in the config on the ESP32.

Otherwise, I suggest that you test reducing the baudrate (even to 9600 to see)

I have no Hex version but that can't be the reason if you have on both mcu the latest version.
geostein8888

Hello,
ii disconnected now the 5v from the gerbl board and connected an external power supply to the esp. i also programmed the stm and esp with a version set to 19200bd. same problem like before.
the buffersize of the esp is set to 1024, should i play with this?

Serial2.setRxBufferSize(1024);
Georg
mstrens

Message par mstrens »

Can you :
1- send the message given by the TFT when the position stop moving. Can you make a picture of the main screen and of the screen with all messages (pressing the upper left or right corner - I do not remember which one).
2- confirm that your tests are currently done without connecting the GRBL board to the drivers

Can you also send me (here) the gcode file being used. I can try to run this file on my boards
geostein8888

Here the photos,
in one you can see, that the drivers are not connected at all
serial speed ad 19200bd

in the zip file is the gcode i used

Georg
Vous n’avez pas les permissions nécessaires pour voir les fichiers joints à ce message.
geostein8888

Hello,
and here the picture with the message screen

Georg
Vous n’avez pas les permissions nécessaires pour voir les fichiers joints à ce message.
mstrens

Message par mstrens »

The message "O0" on the tft seems to show an issue in the communication.

Still I tried to run twice your file on my test configuration and I had no issue.
Just that it enters the Hold status twice (each time at 50%).

Are you sure that on the ESP32 you are running the code from this link:
https://github.com/mstrens/grbl_controller_esp32

If not please try to upload this code (take care to change the baudrate accordingly with you setup on STM32 (GRBL)
mstrens

Message par mstrens »

The hold status that I got is due to a command M0 in your file.
So, on my side, the code is running fine (even a few more time).

Did you already tried to reflow the soldering of the pins on the STM32 (perhaps a bad soldering)?
Répondre