shielded cable

Peterkepompier

shielded cable

Message par Peterkepompier »

I plan to change my entire wiring to shielded cable, but where do I connect the shielded cable normally to ground. But which grounding connector?
HTheatre

Re: shielded cable

Message par HTheatre »

Hi Peterkepompier,
Peterkepompier a écrit : 15 déc. 2020 12:32 I plan to change my entire wiring to shielded cable, but where do I connect the shielded cable normally to ground. But which grounding connector?
You have to connect the shields to a GND pin of the 32 bits GRBL board. You can use a ground barrette to limit the number of connection. In this case, you have to connect all the shields to the ground barrette and the ground barrette to a single GND pin of the 32 bits GRBL board.

See ya
Peterkepompier

Ok, thanks!
Peterkepompier

maybe a stupid question, what GND do you mean? I only see 2 -> reset Gnd and tft gnd
Vous n’avez pas les permissions nécessaires pour voir les fichiers joints à ce message.
HTheatre

Message par HTheatre »

Here are all the GND pins of the 32bits GRBL board

On my own RS-CNC32, I used a ground barrette to limit the number of the shields connexions to the board. This one, is home made :

, but you can find one ready to use at AliExpress (for example)

See ya
Peterkepompier

ok thanks, but 3 out of 4 are in the 5v environment and the last one is 24v and they can all be connected together, not that I'm causing a short circuit. Or shouldn't I see it that way, GND is GND no matter what
stu_le_brew46

Message par stu_le_brew46 »

I would suggest putting a jumper on the A endstop, as in my machine this seems to have been a source of static pickup causing unexpected aborts, problem went away after I did that.
Although in the solution above where the electronics are in an external box this may not be a problem, in my case the electronics are under the cutting bed.

good luck
S
HTheatre

Message par HTheatre »

Peterkepompier a écrit : 18 déc. 2020 08:31 ok thanks, but 3 out of 4 are in the 5v environment and the last one is 24v and they can all be connected together, not that I'm causing a short circuit. Or shouldn't I see it that way, GND is GND no matter what
GND means ground. All GND pins are connected together. So there is no risk of short circuit.

Moreover, I am agree with stu_le_brew46. It is highly recommended to put a jumper on the A endstop.
Even if I didn't finish the wiring of the RS-CNC32 in the assembly manual (link in my sign) this jumper is in the parts list of the manual. I will plug it like described in the next steps.

Finally, if you do not use the physical RESET button (at the front buttons panel of your RS-CNC32), I recommend you put another jumper on the RESET pin of the 32bits GRBL board. If you do not use them, you can do the same for "Feed.H", "C.start" and "Probe" pins, but DO NOT plug any jumper on the "S.Door" pins because it will cause an ALARM for GRBL. My electronics is in a dedicated box, but I anyway put jumpers on "A endstop", "Feed.H" and "C.start" pins.

If you do not have ones, it is not necessary to purchase jumpers specially for your RS-CNC32. You can make your own jumpers with 2 femelle DUPONT 1pin and a very short wire.

See ya
geostein8888

Message par geostein8888 »

Hello,
whats about the ground coming from the 220 V (green/yellow) whats also connected to the frame and powersupply case? Do i have to connect this also to the GND of the gerbl board, or does this finally makes a shortcircuit?

Georg
HTheatre

Message par HTheatre »

geostein8888 a écrit : 20 déc. 2020 15:20 Hello,
whats about the ground coming from the 220 V (green/yellow) whats also connected to the frame and powersupply case? Do i have to connect this also to the GND of the gerbl board, or does this finally makes a shortcircuit?

Georg
Hi Georg,

Some makers have connected all the shields to the ground which comes from the 220V. It seems it is work as well. But do not connect the ground of the 220V to a GND pin of the 32bits GRBL board, because in case of current escape in the ground of the 220V would be used, you will risk to send a hight current in the 32bits GRBL board. As you say, for your safety, you also can connect the aluminum profiles from the base and gantry of the RS-CNC32 to the ground of the 220V.

See ya
Répondre