gerbl board seems to be broken RS-CNC32

HTheatre

Re: gerbl board seems to be broken RS-CNC32

Message par HTheatre »

Hi Georg,
geostein8888 a écrit : 07 déc. 2020 11:36 Hello,
received just a new stm module, programmed it with the hex file (115200bd), some problem. I still get the "??", and cant clear the error with the touchscreen buttons
Georg
Can you please post pictures of the wiring between the 2 GRBL boards ? How long is the link ?
See ya
mstrens

Message par mstrens »

I do not think that the length of the wires could be the reason for communication issue ( ?? on the TFT) when the motor and the spindle are not running.
There should not be a lot of noise at this time.
I see more ?? issues when motors and/or spindle are running.

I suggest that you wait for a USB serial module (FTDI) in order to test the STM32 (GRBL) alone.
mstrens

Message par mstrens »

@HTeatre,

It would perhaps be helpful to add a usb/serial (FTDI) module to the list of parts to be ordered.
It is cheap and could help debugging this kind of issue without having to wait for a new delivery.
Take care that the module must be able to work with 3.3V
HTheatre

Message par HTheatre »

mstrens a écrit : 07 déc. 2020 12:26 I do not think that the length of the wires could be the reason for communication issue ( ?? on the TFT) when the motor and the spindle are not running.
There should not be a lot of noise at this time.
I see more ?? issues when motors and/or spindle are running.

I suggest that you wait for a USB serial module (FTDI) in order to test the STM32 (GRBL) alone.
I am agree with you for the length, but are we sure Georg wired the GRBL boards properly ? And ok, I will add a FTDI module which work under 3.3V to the parts list of the assembly manual.
geostein8888

Message par geostein8888 »

Hello,
what do you mean exactly with the wiring of the grbl board' The connection between the stm and esp or zto the motor drivers.
i will attach a photo of my wiring, perhaps you see something i do not.

ESP to gerbl:
esp_to_stm32.jpg
Overview:
cable_overview.jpg
Gerbl
gerbl.jpg

Georg
an thanks for all the help
Vous n’avez pas les permissions nécessaires pour voir les fichiers joints à ce message.
geostein8888

Hello,
by the way i received also today such an ftdi interface (3.3V), is there a nice link what describes what i have to do with this (wiring) and wahet software i can use to test

Georg
HTheatre

Message par HTheatre »

Hi Georg,

I was speaking about the link between the two GRBL boards and the plugging of the ESP-32 and the STM-32. We see a lot of strange things. One maker had the same issue as you. When he sent me pictures of his GRBL boards, I saw the ESP-32 was plugged at reverse side. Another one had connected TX to TX and RX to RX.

So, looking at your pictures, your electronics installation is ok, regarding this two points.

See ya
geostein8888

Hello,
when i check this link for the ftdi, what i found finally in this forum, there is written something about these 2 jumpers on the stm board. When i programmed mine, i did not change the jumpers, they were been like in the photo i posted while i programmed the stm - was this correct, or do i have to set the stm into programming mode instead?

Georg
mstrens

Message par mstrens »

geostein8888 a écrit : 07 déc. 2020 14:12 Hello,
by the way i received also today such an ftdi interface (3.3V), is there a nice link what describes what i have to do with this (wiring) and wahet software i can use to test

Georg
To test, you can do the following:
-disconnect the esp32 board from the STM32 board (esp32 board is not used in this test)
- connect 3 wires between ftdi and stm32 board: Gnd on gnd, Tx on Rx, Rx on TX (so Tx and Rx are crossed)
- do not yet connect your ftdi to the pc
- start up Arduino IDE
- in tool menu, look at the port being available (perhaps there are none)
- connect the ftdi to the pc
- reopen the tool menu, looking at the port, you should have now one more port (e.g. COM5)
- select the new port
- in arduino, press CTRL+SHIFT+M; this open a new window (the arduino serial terminal)
- in this window, look at the bottom right at the baudrate. set the value on 115200
- press the reset button on the stm32. You should get a message from GRBL on the PC screen.
- in the top frame, you can enter commands. E.g.press $$ + ENTER
- if the STM32 works, it should reply sending the grbl config on the PC screen.
geostein8888

Hello,
do i take out the stm board from the gerbl board? if not, can i connect the ftdi over the pins what i use also to connect the esp board?
on my ftdi board is a jumper for 5v and 3.3V, do i have to set this for 3.3V here?

Georg
Répondre