Hard limit reached

Répondre
Brad H

Hard limit reached

Message par Brad H »

Hello all,
I haven't used the machine much. In fact I am only doing my 3rd job with it but having a problem this morning. I turned it on. Set it at home. Moved to my zero point and set that show it was showing all 0s. I started the cut. I found it cut some and then was just spinning in one spot. I didn't store that error. I ran it again and it stopped again (further into the project) this time it raised spindle and stopped machine with hard limit reached.
I ran it 1 more time and it stopped in the middle of the project with the "Hard limit reached" error. It is running in the middle of the work surface. The stops are not being touched. It ran for 3 hours last night without an error.. What do I need to look for as a problem to fix this??
Picture attached is to show that it wasn't near any of the limits..
20201129_094512 2nd.jpg
Vous n’avez pas les permissions nécessaires pour voir les fichiers joints à ce message.
Brad H

Re: Hard limit reached

Message par Brad H »

And it stopped again in a different spot..
Vous n’avez pas les permissions nécessaires pour voir les fichiers joints à ce message.
mstrens

Message par mstrens »

You probably have some "noise" on the wires connected to the end switch.
When motors or spindle are running they generate noise along the wires.
You have to use shielded wires for the end switches.
It is also safe to install a jumper on the shield for the end switch on A axis (when A axis is not used).
Brad H

Message par Brad H »

I was wondering about noise. Maybe in just certain places as it ran multiple hours last night without an issue but this is running much further along the Y axis than last night.
I am running shielded wires on the switches. all except for the inch or so at each end.. Would a wrap in aluminum foil around that part help?
Without pulling machine before I finish this project. Will I find something labeled A axis on the board? just jumper wire from positive to negative?
mstrens

Message par mstrens »

Did you connect your shielded to ground (probably best is to connect only at one side on a Gnd from the shield).
I think there is a mark "A" on the shield just closed to the X, Y, Z (for the limit switch).
Shielding is mainly important when the end switch wires goes along other wires with high currents/voltages. So the last inch is not critical.
Brad H

Message par Brad H »

I will recheck when I can remove project from board and pull up table. Thank you for the info
mattswensson

Message par mattswensson »

i have also been trying to fix the noise on my machine and have been running with hard limits disabled - which is probably not the best idea but i really don't want a job to end in the middle for no reason. i'm using shielded cable and everything is grounded so i must have some area that is getting noise - i just can't find it.
Répondre