bCNC Problem

Répondre
cazze

bCNC Problem

Message par cazze »

Hi,

I'm the proud owner of a RS-CNC32 for one month now and i'm a complete newbee in CNC.
I'm making my drawings in Fusion 360 and using the post-processor from openbuilds.

When I export the g-code and put in on the SD-Card for milling, it works ok.

When I use the same file from bCNC which connects to the RS-CNC32 over WiFi, I get errors while executing and also somethimes errors when setting for example the TLO when I'm probing.

As I said, I'm new to this all. Is there a way I can debug what's going wrong or is this a know problem with bCNC connecting over WiFi? Or is the problem with the post-processor import of Fusion-360?

Kind regards,

cazze
mstrens

Re: bCNC Problem

Message par mstrens »

I expect the wifi communication being too slow (long response times due to the protocol).
If you do not have issue using the SD card and the USB, then the issue is located in the wifi.
cazze

Message par cazze »

Thx for the response.

So no bCNC for me :-( I read somewhere here on the forum that the telnet connection was used to put the file on the sd-card. How is that done?
mstrens

Message par mstrens »

It is the opposite:
- the wifi can be used to upload/delete files on the SD card. To use this function, you just have to key on your browser the IP address that appears on the tft (on setup screen). Wifi is automatically active on the ESP32 if the setup screen shows an IP address

- to control the cnc from bcnc you have to activate a telnet server on your PC. If I remember well this can be done in bcnc. When a telnet server is detected by the ESP32, then the "wifi" icon on the tft become green.
Then bcnc can be use to send some commands but I am afraid that the connection is to slow to send directly a gcode file to GRBL (without using the sd card)
cazze

Message par cazze »

Ok, the file transfer went well. I've learned something :-)

So the only way to use bCNC with the RS-CNC32 is by USB cable? Or is that also too slow?
mstrens

Message par mstrens »

I thing it works fine with the USB
Répondre