Z axis slipping

mattswensson

Re: Z axis slipping

Message par mattswensson »

That is awesome. Thanks for the info. I actually came to a similar conclusion and placed an order that will arrive tomorrow. If that doesn't seem to work I will reach out to you. Will also update this post with the results.
HTheatre

Message par HTheatre »

mattswensson a écrit : 22 nov. 2020 20:28 That is awesome. Thanks for the info. I actually came to a similar conclusion and placed an order that will arrive tomorrow. If that doesn't seem to work I will reach out to you. Will also update this post with the results.
Ok , no problem.
mattswensson

My curiosity got the best of me as I was starting to disassemble in anticipation of a new TR8 screw.

I took a better look at the TR8 screw and it, in fact was 1 start.

I took off the antibacklash nut (this actually was easier than i thought after taking out the front two screws it comes off easily..)

I decided to try the 3d printed version again and came to find that I have no slippage whatsoever! I thought i had this issue before but in actuality it was the 3d printed z-screw blocker (pushing up towards the pulley) that gave me problems (I replaced with the steel lock collar - your recommendation from another thread)

In the 2pack of the Befenbay backlash nuts - there is a lack of precision...1 is very loose, the other is close but not good enough. They are 1 start nuts, but so bad, the set screws can't seem to help it out.

HTheatre - thanks for walking me through this as your information was very helpful and hopefully if anyone else runs into some Z problems, this thread will help out.

Now on to making some signs for Christmas presents...
HTheatre

Message par HTheatre »

Great! For your information, here is the most efficient collar I found (model: 8-25).

I am using 2 on my RS-CNC32, because I installed a second 608zz ball bearing on the dolly bottom part, to hold the TR8 screw better.

If you are interested in this upgrade, the dolly_bottom.stl file I had modified is available here, under the name Dolly_bottom_with_608zz_bb.stl

See ya
mattswensson

Thanks, have been following along with your upgrades - all of which are great. I may do that in the future along with some others

I used these:

and had to use two of them stacked because the clearance to get to the set screw on the top was blocked. Not the cheapest, but given my last two Ali orders never showed up I've been trying to source more 'locally'.
mattswensson

I found one more problem that I should have caught. It appears my spindle holder was allowing the spindle to slip down within it if the bit is digging too aggressively. I think i've solved that but may need to print a new holder now.
Répondre