Strange z problem

Répondre
Alex_DK

Strange z problem

Message par Alex_DK »

I really have a big problem with my z drive.
I'm reasonably sure it's a software problem. I have tested all hardware. Cables, end stops, steppers, everything.
The Z drive just dont run. If I move the stepper onto the eg x drive, it runs fine. I think I've tried everything. So please help.
Can there be something in the config file that is not set up correctly?
When I try to run the z drive it counts on the display but does not move. And then there is a faint sound from the y drive!
What the hell am I supposed to do? This here is the absolute last thing I am missing on the machine.

Best regards Alex
mstrens

Re: Strange z problem

Message par mstrens »

If you X axis is running fine, you can try to invert some components between X and Z to find what is going wrong.
- first try to invert only the wires between the drivers and the motors (connect the X driver to the Z motor and the opposite). If now the Z moves but not the X, the issue is in the wiring of the motor.
- if the problem is still there, then reconnect the motors as original and try to invert the wires between the board and the drivers.

Check also you soldering on the STM32. It is a common mistake having a bad soldering;
Alex_DK

Re: Strange z problem

Message par Alex_DK »

All the tests I have already done. And yes z drive works when I change cable with eg x, and then x does not work. But when I test the cable with a multimeter, it works fine. Believe most in poor soldering right now.
Répondre