X & Y Motor Issues

Répondre
Angryoven

X & Y Motor Issues

Message par Angryoven »

Hello Everyone,

Just got finished wiring everything up today on my RSCNC-32 and seem to be having issues with my X and Y motors. The Z motor works perfectly.

- They both move very slowly and make a grinding noise. They do move in both directions.

Here's what I've tried as troubleshooting.

- Removed motors from assembly and ensured they spin freely.
- Connected X motor (Ena, Pul and Dir) to the respective Z pins and it works perfectly.
- Connected Y motor (Ena, Pul and Dir) to the respective Z pins and it works perfectly.
- Triple checked the STM32 solder joints.
- Reflashed STM32

Could the PCB be an issue? Anything else I can check/do?

Thanks Nick.
Aze

Re: X & Y Motor Issues

Message par Aze »

Inverse X and Z drivers to check your drivers.
Check if it's better with 2.5A instead of 2.8A too.

There is 2 ways to wire TB6600, because they are not all "official ones" and we often have false copies of them (one of my 3 drivers was different inside. Same vendor for the 3 drivers...). Check one the internet to see the other way to wire them (using the - instead of + in common https://cdn.instructables.com/FFJ/N2S5/ ... fit=bounds ) and test this way.
mstrens

Message par mstrens »

Are you sure that your motor wiring is correct?
Do not trust the color of the motor wires but check with an ohmmeter which wires form a winding (A+ / A- or B+/B-)
Angryoven

Message par Angryoven »

Thank you both for the quick reply! :D

Here's what I've tested.

- Swapped X and Y driver with Z driver. Motors moved correctly.
- Tried switching to 2.5A, same issue.
- Tried wiring as suggested in link. Made even worse noise so I assume that's not correct either. (Just to clarify, I wired to common ground and not the PCB/STM. Should I have gone to the 5V on PCB?)

- Checked the motor windings with a multimeter and they do look to be wired correctly.

- Flashed another STM32, same issues.

- Modified the firmware to enable the A axis and connect one of the drivers. Motor moves correctly. (So both A and Z are working fine).

Anything else I should test/check?

As far as I can see, as soon as I try and use the PCB X and Y pins the issue appears.
Répondre