Merge the ESP32 TFT firmware and ESP3d(-WEBUI)

Répondre
BigDee

Merge the ESP32 TFT firmware and ESP3d(-WEBUI)

Message par BigDee »

I like both projects and I want to ask if it makes sense to merge both projects?

In the meanwhile I merged both project and disabled all serial communication from ESP32 TFT. My hardware is not arrvied yet, so I can't test it.
If there exists interesst then I can upload the whole code to github or provide a compiled binary file.

Okay :-(
It is not so quite easy as expected.
1) ESP32 has no self gcode sender, it uses the sd card from controler and uses M23 comand
2) ESP32 has no upload function to sd card
Anyway it should be possible to add the missed feature to ESP32 from ESP 32 TFT firmware.
kisjohnnie

Re: Merge the ESP32 TFT firmware and ESP3d(-WEBUI)

Message par kisjohnnie »

Hi! This project can be downloaded from github, I would be interested! :)
rominetb44

Message par rominetb44 »

BigDee a écrit : 25 sept. 2020 08:04 I like both projects and I want to ask if it makes sense to merge both projects?

In the meanwhile I merged both project and disabled all serial communication from ESP32 TFT. My hardware is not arrvied yet, so I can't test it.
If there exists interesst then I can upload the whole code to github or provide a compiled binary file.

Okay :-(
It is not so quite easy as expected.
1) ESP32 has no self gcode sender, it uses the sd card from controler and uses M23 comand
2) ESP32 has no upload function to sd card
Anyway it should be possible to add the missed feature to ESP32 from ESP 32 TFT firmware.
Hi,

There are not enough pins on a single ESP to do everything and it is better for GRBL to be independent for more reactivity.

See U
rominetb44

Message par rominetb44 »

kisjohnnie a écrit : 12 avr. 2024 13:26 Hi! This project can be downloaded from github, I would be interested! :)
Hi,

You could find it by searching my username.
The original project for ESP32 is from by BDRING.

@++
kisjohnnie

Message par kisjohnnie »

But can esp3d(3.0) be put on the tft? The tft communicates with the control board on the rx tx pins.
rominetb44

Message par rominetb44 »

kisjohnnie a écrit : 12 avr. 2024 13:54 But can esp3d(3.0) be put on the tft? The tft communicates with the control board on the rx tx pins.
Hi,

I don't know.

See U
Répondre