Strange error

Répondre
xaocass

Strange error

Message par xaocass »

Hello,

I need some help with debugging. I'm working on big part I'm planing to make and making some test cuts. When I've done 4cm long pockets everything looked great. Now I've made them 20cm long and some strange problems started.
After the first pass there appears an error on X direction and position moves about 1mm to the right. You can see this on top part of two attempts, where has to make a slope on Z axis, but also moves too much to the right. It also can be seen very clearly in the middle, where it started making second pass and it's about 1mm to the right comparing to the first pass.
What is more, when I started looking more closely, it looks, like during whole operation, it drifts a little bit, so top and bottom parts are a little bit to the right comparing to the center (model itself is square), so the final pocket is more like a banana shape :)

On the first try there was a problem with Z axis, where small bolts on stepper became loose, so it wasn't actually moving the Z axis. I've fixed that and also checked X and Y axes, but they seem to be bolted properly.
Today I'll try to generate another path, because this time it was routing in circular motion, whereas I think moving in straight lines should be faster, but I doubt it's a problem with G-code. Looks more like a problem with drivers/steppers/axes... Or maybe I'm trying to go too fast?

Some more info: 3.17mm bit, katsu router, all the parts exactly as described in R-CNC instructions. G-code is generated in Fusion360 using adaptive clearing.

Aze

Re: Strange error

Message par Aze »

Let me guess:

are you using Marlin firmware? If yes > use Repetier Firmware instead (sorry it's in french, but you can find my configuration.h here and use it with the online configurator in the link as a starting point: viewtopic.php?f=25&t=5431&p=10373&hilit ... n.h#p10373 ). Adjust your steps/mm with your setting.

Are you using 32 microsteps on your drivers? If yes > use max 1/8 (or 1/4) of microstepping on all your drivers (change your steps/mm in the firmware with new values).
xaocass

Message par xaocass »

Thanks a lot! I'll try that.
All the settings are default, as downloaded from makerfr.com :)

By the way, what do you think about my feedrate of 700mm/m with 4mm depth in plywood? Maybe I should go even faster? At the moment my full model is estimated by fusion360 to be about 5h long, and as I still don't have a dustshoe, I'll have to be standing near machine with a vacuum, to not drown my home in dust :D
Aze

Message par Aze »

Romain didn't change the R-CNC part, because he made the RS-CNC and other projects. The RS-CNC is the update of the R-CNC wich fixes all mistakes of the R-CNC (belt in X, nema23 in Z, TR8x2 with anti-backlash nut in Z, firmware, Microstepping, etc).

Your feeds and speeds are incorrect, it should be 10 times faster. Look here (use google translate):
viewtopic.php?f=44&t=33
xaocass

Message par xaocass »

OK, flashed repetier instead of marlin and now my "print" is fine! :) Thank You!
But there is very strange thing going on - looks like it makes a small (half a second, maybe less) pause between commands. In Places where marlin went smoothly, it now makes some stops/pauses. Maybe there is some setting available to make it run smoothly?

And one more question about feedrates - are you sure? As far as I can see in that thread, speeds are more or less consistent, and nobody goes over 1000 mm/min, so mine 700mm/min looks like more or less ok. What is more, seend how machine works, I think I could push it to about 1meter per minute, but not 7000mm/min as you suggest. Or are you speaking about some other speeds?
Aze

Message par Aze »

Sorry or the feedrates, I read 700mm/m instead of mm/min. It's OK like that.

Did you change your microsteps? (try 1/4 on each axis)
xaocass

Message par xaocass »

No, atm I've left everything as in the tutorial for R-CNC. You think those pauses are caused by that?
Aze

Message par Aze »

Sure, it is. Try 1/4 or 1/8 and change your steps/mm.
Répondre