3 - connect TFT3.2 to MKS Base
4- Load SD card into TFT3.2 for I3-RS
5- Apply power to MKS Base with power supply and let TFT3.2 update
------
😊
LHC

Re: Fredericton Makerspace Building The I3-RS

Message par LHC »

My plan worked :D - I also learned a few things for anyone that comes along reading this in the future -

1 - The power for the TFT32 display is not derived from the USB 5V supply, but from the 12-24V supply that is connected to the terminal blocks - so when updating the TFT32 display, you power the MKS Base board up from the power supply terminal block connections. Also, the TFT32 uses the serial port on the mega - same as the USB connection - I disconnected the USB to prevent any conflicts but I'm not sure this is 100% necessary.

2- The TFT32 display alters at least some of the files on the SD Card when it updates. I discovered this as I was updating several TFT32 displays and when I plugged the SD card into the second TFT32 display I got a weird "RepRap" display and an error that the BL Touch was not connected. I just copied the original files over to the SD card from my computer again, and re-did the power up and it booted and updated the display properly. Not sure if this is a new "feature" in the TFT since Romain designed this printer or not.

Anyway, here's proof that I am on the right path !
Vous n’avez pas les permissions nécessaires pour voir les fichiers joints à ce message.
LHC

Message par LHC »

Romain - I have received the original lead screws that I ordered. I have confirmed that I ordered the wrong ones - the ones I have are 8mm diameter, 2mm pitch and 2 mm lead. I am going to re-order the 8mm diameter, 2mm pitch and 8 mm lead so it's the same as you designed the I3-RS printer for.

I know that I could change settings in Marlin, but I am thinking I might then have to play with the acceleration and jerk settings and I would rather start with "exactly" your configuration. Besides, the screws are cheap anyway. :D

Lewis
RoMaker
Administrateur du site

Message par RoMaker »

Yes, as you said, you could change step/mm of Z in Marlin, as you want ;)
alexc57

Message par alexc57 »

Hi, great job.
I m interesting by your file on fusion 360.
I hope to make some change on the extruder parts , but i don't have the 360 fusion files.
can you share your 360 fusion file, that would save me a lot of time.
thanks in advanced and best regards
LHC

Message par LHC »

alexc57 a écrit : 24 janv. 2019 09:52 Hi, great job.
I m interesting by your file on fusion 360.
I hope to make some change on the extruder parts , but i don't have the 360 fusion files.
can you share your 360 fusion file, that would save me a lot of time.
thanks in advanced and best regards
Hi - No problem !

I am still working on adjusting some things, but you can have it all - the individual parts along with all the assemblies, and the downloaded models I got from grabcad. It's quite a load of stuff, so I will have to place a zip file up on my dropbox account. It might be a couple of days as I am out of town at the moment.

I am planning to share all the fusion stuff when it's completed. There's a number of changes that I have made that you need to be aware of though -

- We are using 6mm aluminum and not 8mm Valchromat
- I have designed a second Z brace as eventually we are going to relocate the power supply and controller enclosure off the frame and under the printer
- There's a bunch of other small "twiddles" to many of the parts that I will outline to everyone when it's complete.

I will try and archive the model as with all the parts as soon as I can.

Lewis
LHC

Message par LHC »

Romain -
It seems my attachment quota has been reached on this forum and I can't post any more pics. Any chance that can be increased ?
Thanks !
Lewis
alexc57

Message par alexc57 »

hi, thanks for your answer!! i 'm waiting for that!
my goal is to modify the extruder head for having 2 steppers motor with other parts to be able to switch differents color or material and your assembly can telling if it must be good or not.

see you soon
alex
LHC

Message par LHC »

Alex -
Good news - I am not at home but realized that I can do all this with the Fusion files where ever I am because they are all on the cloud. I have successfully created a .f3z file of the "Master Assembly" and this should contain all the sub assemblies and all the individual parts.

Warning - this is a moving target and I am literally modifying and adjusting things every day at the moment. However, this will be useful for you if you are able to download and get it into Fusion at your end. There are also a few things that have changed from metric to imperial because they are easier to source here in Canada - like the threaded rods for the Z braces etc. There's so many little things that I have changed I am not sure I will be able to list them all, so be sure to measure and check things when you get the model.

Anyway, here is the dropbox link to my model in fusion archive format - let me know if you are successful in getting it all. I have all my files organized into folders but I think this will dump everything into one folder on your fusion account.

Cheers,
Lewis

https://www.dropbox.com/s/tv2fi97jj8cft ... y.f3z?dl=0
alexc57

Message par alexc57 »

ohhh thanks I doesn't have enough time to watch the file, i hope this weeks. thanks a lot
Répondre