Fredericton Makerspace Building The I3-RS

Kachidoki

Re: Fredericton Makerspace Building The I3-RS

Message par Kachidoki »

LHC a écrit : 24 oct. 2018 13:43 Are you aware of a way to "mass export" all your files and sub folders in a Fusion 360 project to your computer hard drive ?
I never had to export my F360 designs to anything else than STL for printing, so I cannot help you on this point.
LHC

Message par LHC »

Maybe someone can help with this -

I'm not sure what power supply to order. I see there are three listed on the parts list and there seems to be a 17A one and a 20A one. Would it be better to get the 20A one to have a little bit extra current "just in case" ?

Also - there are 2 3D prints for the power supply enclosure - are they for the 17A/20A versions, or are these power supplies not consistent in dimensions even with the same supplier ?

Finally - has anyone got a 3d model for the power supply they used, but also of the IEC connector ? I can't seem to find one anywhere in the usual places like grabcad.

Thanks !
Lewis
RoMaker
Administrateur du site

Message par RoMaker »

You have to get a power supply 17A minimum, i have a 17A and it works well, but you can buy a 20A if you want to be sure !

There is two sizes of power supply enclosure because the small one was for Banggood power supply but they are out of stock for a long time !
You have to print the large one (115x50) for Aliexpress PSU.
LHC

Message par LHC »

As always Romain - many thanks for the clarification 👍
LHC

Message par LHC »

We're starting to now make changes to Romain's original design to suit some easily obtained materials here in Canada.

First item - we are going to drop the thickness of the main frame and other dxf pieces from 8mm Valchromat to 6mm (0.25") 6061 Alloy Aluminum plate as a friend can get it very easily and cheaply and he can also waterjet cut it for us 8-)

Is my thinking correct here Romain ? - If I drop the thickness of the main frame from 8 to 6mm - I then only have to lengthen the rear aluminum profiles from 96mm to 98mm?

I realize the Z brace will change slightly but we are modifying that also anyway (changing to 3/8" threaded rod from 8mm (impossible to get here).

Thanks !
Lewis
MTB

Message par MTB »

hi Lewis
LHC a écrit : 26 oct. 2018 19:57
Is my thinking correct here Romain ? - If I drop the thickness of the main frame from 8 to 6mm - I then only have to lengthen the rear aluminum profiles from 96mm to 98mm?
exactly

and if you use aluminium frame,you can tap it for the MGN12 mount
Make Tomorrow Better
LHC

Message par LHC »

MTB a écrit : 27 oct. 2018 00:28 hi Lewis
exactly

Perfect - thanks. That's what we are planning to do with the frame - tapping for the rails.
Cheers,
Lewis
RoMaker
Administrateur du site

Message par RoMaker »

MTB a écrit : 27 oct. 2018 00:28 hi Lewis
exactly

Yes, exactly !
LHC

Message par LHC »

We're still at it ! :D

I am sort of scratching my head on how the stepper motor mounts to the extruder. I believe that the screw "C" is mounted first by drilling a hole in the "plug" of this recess, and the screw is then threadlocked to the stepper motor but not tightened down firm. Then, screws A and B are used to fix the tension by rotating the motor about the pivot point "C".

Is my understanding correct? And do you drill a hole in the center of the "C" recess first to accept the allen head screw ?

How do you hold the motor at the right tension for the belt while you are tightening the A and B screws ?

Thanks !
Lewis
Vous n’avez pas les permissions nécessaires pour voir les fichiers joints à ce message.
RoMaker
Administrateur du site

Message par RoMaker »

Hi !
In the "C hole" there is a very thin layer of 0.2mm to have a support, you don't need a drill, print that and you'll understand ;) (it's the same thing for other holes)
Répondre