Fredericton Makerspace Building The I3-RS

LHC

Re: Fredericton Makerspace Building The I3-RS

Message par LHC »

Romain -

I am digging around in the Marlin code you prepared for the I3-RS and I think I may have ordered the wrong Z axis screws. I see you have a steps/mm setting of 400 on the Z axis. This looks to be based on a screw with a lead of 8mm. (200*16)/8. BUT - I mistakenly ordered the 8mm screws with a single start and 2mm pitch - this means a lead of only 2mm and my steps/mm would be 1600 as a result.

I know that the setting can be changed in Marlin - however I am concerned that I will then have to "play" with the acceleration and jerk settings for the Z axis and for me that would be "rolling the dice" with no experience - haha.

Can you advise me on these extra settings for acceleration and jerk for the Z axis? The screws only cost me 11 dollars so I can always order the originally specified ones but I thought I would ask the master about this first (you) :D

Cheers from sunny Canada,
Lewis
RoMaker
Administrateur du site

Message par RoMaker »

Hi Lewis,
For a leadscrew, there is 3 specifications:
-Diameter
-Pitch (distance between two slots)
-Lead (distance that moves the nut when you do a 360° turn with your leadscrew)

You can get a leadscrew 8mm diameter, 2mm pitch and a lead of 8mm ( what we need for I3-RS and what is the most common)

Can you show me the link of your leadscrew ?
LHC

Message par LHC »

Here's the link - I am pretty sure this is a lead of only 2mm as it's a single start screw with 2mm pitch,

https://www.banggood.com/8mm-T8x2-15020 ... rehouse=CN

Lewis
RoMaker a écrit : 08 déc. 2018 11:31 Hi Lewis,
For a leadscrew, there is 3 specifications:
-Diameter
-Pitch (distance between two slots)
-Lead (distance that moves the nut when you do a 360° turn with your leadscrew)

You can get a leadscrew 8mm diameter, 2mm pitch and a lead of 8mm ( what we need for I3-RS and what is the most common)

Can you show me the link of your leadscrew ?
RoMaker
Administrateur du site

Message par RoMaker »

I think the lead is 8mm, as i said to you, it's the most common size, that would be mentionned if that was 2mm lead. All T8 leadscrews are made with 2mm pitch:
-2mm lead, there is just one thread of 2mm pitch
-4mm lead, there is 2 threads 2mm pitch
-6mm lead, there is 3 threads 2mm pitch
-8mm lead, there is 4 threads 2mm pitch

And if you get a 2mm lead, you just have to change Z value in Marlin :lol:
LHC

Message par LHC »

Yes, I think I will just wait until the screws I ordered have arrived - then I will know for sure.

On another note - I was reluctant to do anything with the heatbed until I had determined if Aliexpress seller wanted me to ship it back but it seems they do not want it and have just resent me a new one. So I took some acetone and wiped away the black paint that was covering the damaged trace. Surprise ! The trace itself was not damaged as suspected by one commentor. There was a shiny patch of copper under the paint. I will be able to use this heat bed as a backup - or for the second I3-RS that I may build :D

Here's a not too good picture of the result....
IMG_4705 (Large).JPG
Vous n’avez pas les permissions nécessaires pour voir les fichiers joints à ce message.
RoMaker
Administrateur du site

Message par RoMaker »

Good ! you won a free bed :lol:
LHC

Message par LHC »

I visited a friend of mine yesterday and we started making the 3d printed parts for my I3-RS ! Here's a pic of the results - I'm also making sure that I am abiding by the strict color code of Romain with neon green ABS :lol:
IMG_4726 (Large).JPG
Vous n’avez pas les permissions nécessaires pour voir les fichiers joints à ce message.
LHC

Message par LHC »

More parts are now finally arriving from China 😁
I'll be posting again here soon with pictures of parts and progress as we start to assemble I hope.

Hope everyone is having a nice holiday season ,
Lewis
LHC

Message par LHC »

My MKS Base V1.6 and TFT32 have arrived !😊

I have a question - I know that I can flash the I3-RS Marlin by only connecting the USB cable from the MKS board to my computer, but will it be possible to flash the new I3-RS firmware to the TFT32 with only the USB cable supplying the power to the MKS board and the TFT32 connected to the MKS board ?

i.e. - powering up the MKS V1.6 and the TFT32 with just the USB cable ?

Thanks
Lewis
MTB

Message par MTB »

hi
you can powering the mks and the tft with the usb cable but without power suply you can't uploading on the mks for the tft i don't know
Make Tomorrow Better
Répondre