Fredericton Makerspace Building The I3-RS

Répondre
LHC

Re: Fredericton Makerspace Building The I3-RS

Message par LHC »

Hurray ! Postal strike is over - now they are saying that it could be March 2019 before everyone gets all their parcels :oops: .....Grrr...

Despite all this, for some odd reason, the heat beds showed up yesterday 8-) I opened them up and they look physically good, but the holes are not taped, they are countersunk from the aluminum side, for what looks like a M3 flat head screw. I'll have to investigate how to mount it different from Romain's instructions as a result.

They are packaged well, and there's very little damage. A couple of "dings" on one corner of each but not critical and a small file will smooth things out.

Another odd thing - maybe someone on here can confirm this - I measured the resistance on the 24V connections and it's half what they state - about 2.6 ohms. But using that to calculate the power that's 220 Watts - about the 200 they specify. Can someone here confirm what resistance they measured on their heated bed ?
HeatedBed.jpg
Vous n’avez pas les permissions nécessaires pour voir les fichiers joints à ce message.
RoMaker
Administrateur du site

Message par RoMaker »

Hi Lewis, 2,6 ohms are good, don't worry ;)
LHC

Message par LHC »

Thanks Romain !
I checked the 12 V connections too and see that resistance is half what is quoted. It seems the Chinese are using resistance values for a 100watt bed and not the 200watt one we use.
Lewis
RoMaker
Administrateur du site

Message par RoMaker »

I did'nt try with 12V, but in 24V, it heats perfectly
LHC

Message par LHC »

Check your heat beds carefully ! Look what I found - a mostly missing heat trace that had been carefully painted over with black paint....

I've contacted Aliexpress and will see what they do.....
Vous n’avez pas les permissions nécessaires pour voir les fichiers joints à ce message.
Kachidoki

Message par Kachidoki »

Hi,

I bet that the heating track copper isn't missing, otherwise the resistance would be higher. I assume that it's "only" a fix up of the soldermask.
LHC

Message par LHC »

It's possible that it's partly that. Looking very close there looks to be a circular area that is much lower - that might be missing with the rest only being the soldermask scraped off. I'm going to wait and see if they need me to ship it back before I start to monkey with it. I thought about the possibility of removing the coating to expose a little bare copper. Then soldering a small jumper - that would affect the heating in that area but perhaps not enough to affect the printing.

I'll report back with the results. Thanks for your feedback

Lewis
LHC

Message par LHC »

Back again ! Well China got back to me and wanted a few more pictures but sounded very apologetic and said they would resend a heat bed for me so that's good news. I still have received no more parts anyway due to the postal strike here in Canada so it's no problem waiting.

However, in the meantime I studied this damage some more and realized I can probably fix it if they do not want me to ship it back and I will have a back-up then. I took a picture of where the damage is, and as you will see, it's real close to the #1 pad on the circuit board. I can expose the trace on either side and solder a small jumper here - it will not affect the operation and I'll never be printing something that is directly over top of this location anyway.
RoMaker
Administrateur du site

Message par RoMaker »

Hi !
You can remove the paint to see the copper and make a little solder ;)

... and happy to see that strikes are not only in France :lol:
LHC

Message par LHC »

Romain -
I can't seem to get into your I3-RS "Mechanical Assembly" section of your website - is there something wrong or is it offline for maintenance?
Thanks
Lewis
Répondre