Fredericton Makerspace Building The I3-RS

LHC

Re: Fredericton Makerspace Building The I3-RS

Message par LHC »

alexc57 a écrit : 28 janv. 2019 08:42 ohhh thanks I doesn't have enough time to watch the file, i hope this weeks. thanks a lot
No probem Alex - hope it works - I didn't try and upload it to my Fusion 360 account to see if it comes in ok but I think it will. Note that I am updating and adjusting this model every day at the moment so when it stablizes again I will post a new version on my dropbox and alert you here.
alexc57

Message par alexc57 »

oh many thanks
LHC

Message par LHC »

New version of Fusion 360 model - I'll leave this up for a week or so if anyone wants to get a copy. After that, I may be making more modifications and will upload a new version once they are complete.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/65rxlmvho0us2 ... y.f3z?dl=0

All the fasteners are included in this one, along with a reorganization of some of the subassemblies to make it work better in Fusion 360.

Here's a preliminary list of alterations to the original I3-RS by Romain.

-----

Z Braces
Added 2nd Z Brace
Changed mounting brackets for Z brace at top and bottom – both sides
Changed from 8mm to 5/16-18 threaded rod for easier sourcing in Canada/US

Power Supply
Increased height of power supply bracket by 14mm - allows power supply to clear second lower Z brace
Raised power supply mounting bracket by 14 mm on frame to allow second z brace to be installed
Heavily modified power supply enclosure to allow a more balanced look on frame, along with the mounting tab to line up with power supply bracket used in extrusion. This altered the mounting hole locations on the main frame.

Frame
Modified frame pieces – main, front, back, heat bed support – to 6mm aluminum and waterjet/laser cut pieces

Aluminum Extrusions
Lengths changed to accommodate the 6mm thick frame component as opposed to the original 8mm.
Increased Rear Aluminum Extrusions to 98mm from 96mm to compensate for 6mm Main Frame

Heatbed
Heatbed has countersunk 3mm holes – modified mounting configuration from original that used M3/6-32 PC motherboard standoffs.

X/Y Carriage
Added small “bumps” to center pulley like in the Y axis pulley bracket

LED Bar
New led bar designed to use 1/8” x 3/4” aluminum flat bar available in Canada/US
Mounting hole spacing altered to accommodate the new Z Brackets

LM8UU Bearing Mounting Alterations
Made LM8UU Bearing Slots & Zip Tie Holes Symmetrical With Bed Support Layout
Original was slightly off for some unknown reason – traced back to Prusa design that I3-RS is based on. This resulted in bearings moving closer together by about 2mm.
alexc57

Message par alexc57 »

hi thanks, i have open the first version! but i have a problem to convert assembly and parts to step! sorry for this because i m working with solidworks and i don't have knowledge on fusion 360...
trying one more time on this this week if i found time ;)
LHC

Message par LHC »

alexc57 a écrit : 10 févr. 2019 16:16 hi thanks, i have open the first version! but i have a problem to convert assembly and parts to step! sorry for this because i m working with solidworks and i don't have knowledge on fusion 360...
trying one more time on this this week if i found time ;)
I have never done it but there may be a way for me to export everything to step within Fusion 360. I will investigate this and let you know.
alexc57

Message par alexc57 »

thanks in advanced!
if i have good seeing, the STEP file are standart file who can be open by many differents software.
you have a possibility to export form fusion to STEP file, i have this in the documentation
alexc57

Message par alexc57 »

looks the modifcation that i would like to produced:

LHC

Message par LHC »

Alex -
Give this try and let me know if it work. It's my Fusion 360 model archived into a stp file.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/tpu7ccbf0gl8l ... y.stp?dl=0

I tried importing it into my Fusion 360 and it worked but I don't have access to Solidworks so can't test it that way.

Your dual extruder concept looks very interesting !

Lewis
alexc57

Message par alexc57 »

yes, interesting but weight is more bigger and less of X distance to print... romain tell me that s can do many problem thats why i m trying with the same idea but in bowden extruder. i show you when i have something.

thanks for your file, i m downloaded this file today after my job
LHC

Message par LHC »

alexc57 a écrit : 13 févr. 2019 08:13 yes, interesting but weight is more bigger and less of X distance to print... romain tell me that s can do many problem thats why i m trying with the same idea but in bowden extruder. i show you when i have something.

thanks for your file, i m downloaded this file today after my job
ok - keep us posted. I'm currently working on a little design for the strain relief for the headbed that incorporates a XT60 connector. I want to be able to disconnect the bed easily. Not sure how to post up the pics anymore as I have reached my limit on the forum here. Maybe I will have to start a new user / thread or something.....
Répondre