Fredericton Makerspace Building The I3-RS

LHC

Re: Fredericton Makerspace Building The I3-RS

Message par LHC »

Hi Romain - I'm back again :D

Have a look at the attached drawing - for some reason the Y bearing holes and zip tie holes are not symmetrical in the Y direction. Is there any particular reason for this ? I was going to "nudge" them all back into symmetry (less than 1mm displacement) but then thought I'd ask you about it in case there is something I am missing.

I am preparing this drawing for a friend of mine to check on laser or waterjet cutting them for me.

Thanks for all your help - and your patience !

Lewis
Vous n’avez pas les permissions nécessaires pour voir les fichiers joints à ce message.
RoMaker
Administrateur du site

Message par RoMaker »

Hi Lewis, there is absolutely no incidence, I have started with the original Prusa design who had this measurments ! Ask Prusa why :lol:
LHC

Message par LHC »

Hi Romain !
LOL 😂
I thought it might be some such situation. I'll nudge them back into symmetry so it does not torment me forever !

Cheers from sunny Canada,
Lewis
LHC

Message par LHC »

Hello Romain -
A couple more questions have come up as I am assembling the Fusion 360 model of the fantastic I3-RS !

See the attached pictures for details.

1 - The pulley bracket on Y-idler axis is 9mm gap, the pulley bracket on X-right component is 10mm gap. Same pulley is used for each. I'm wondering if I should put little “bumps” in the X-right component to reduce the gap to 9mm the same as the Y-Idler, or is there a reason there was an extra 1mm total gap left in this piece ?

2 - The X axis components where the 8mm rods are inserted - is this just meant to be press fit and friction hold? There does not seem to be any other clamping method used to hold the 8mm rods in these components.

As always, many thanks from across the Atlantic 8-)

Lewis
Vous n’avez pas les permissions nécessaires pour voir les fichiers joints à ce message.
RoMaker
Administrateur du site

Message par RoMaker »

Hi Lewis,
There is no reason to let 1mm extra gap on X-Right, one more time, this part is based on original Prusa design, but the Y-idler is made by myself, you can modify the X-right to have 9mm gap if you want.

8mm smooth rods are inserted in force, you will see that it does not move at all and you do not need specific fixation
Kachidoki

Message par Kachidoki »

BTW, for this kind of bug finding, you may use the orthographic view in Fusion 360:
;)
LHC

Message par LHC »

Thanks very much ! I appreciate all the help with this Romain - I'm fairly new to 3d printers and sometimes perhaps worry about unnecessary things.

And thanks also for the tip on Fusion 360 - I've been learning a LOT about it as I assemble the I3-RS :D
LHC

Message par LHC »

Kachidoki a écrit : 24 oct. 2018 09:51 BTW, for this kind of bug finding, you may use the orthographic view in Fusion 360:
;)
Are you aware of a way to "mass export" all your files and sub folders in a Fusion 360 project to your computer hard drive ? I have been looking for such a function but can't seem to find it. I'd like to be able to give this design away when I'm finally done with the model.
Aze

Message par Aze »

I think it's easier to share a public link (I never tried this, but I go often on the autodesk gallery to find some designs):
https://www.autodesk.com/products/fusio ... 60-design/

the autodesk gallery:
https://gallery.autodesk.com/fusion360/ ... popularity
LHC

Message par LHC »

Aze - that's a good plan B, and I will probably do that when the model is more or less done, but then I have to rememeber not to delete or move it etc in future or the link breaks. However, it's certainly better than nothing.

Here's a pic of my latest status on this model. It's coming along nicely ! I'm retired and really enjoying this and I have not even started to assemble the printer yet. There's several of us that are building the I3-RS when we start and we're starting to order some bits and pieces now and wait for the slow boat from China..... :lol:
Répondre