All axis are not moving

3DStyle

All axis are not moving

Message par 3DStyle »

Hello,

I built a R-CNC machine and it worked very well with MKS Gen 1.4 and Marlin firmware.

I switched to RoMaker's CNC Shield, uploaded RS-CNC Repetier firmware, connected the Nunchuck remote,
followed after the instructions of the RS-CNC wiring and my axis are not moving!
(I tried both diagrams, right now I'm with this diagram)
The only axis that moves is the X axis with the Nunchick remote, it moves the X axis to the left direction if I push the joystick to the right side.
But that's it, nothing else is working, even without the ENA plug.

Note: I didn't connected any of the endstops to the CNC Shield. Does it make any difference?

What can I do? I'm really frustrated, I'm working on it all day long without any success.
Modifié en dernier par 3DStyle le 02 oct. 2018 08:32, modifié 1 fois.
kane77

Re: All axis are not moving

Message par kane77 »

Sounds like your having the same issues I am.do you have any control using repetier host or is it having communication problems.
3DStyle

Message par 3DStyle »

I’m able to connect the machine to Repetger host but there’s still no control on the axis, nothing happen.
Kachidoki

Message par Kachidoki »

Hi,
Indeed it seems you both have a similar issue, or maybe not. Well, we'll try to fix it online.

@3DStyle, the endstops are NC (Normally Closed), that means if you don't connect them, it is like they are permanently pressed. Thus, the machine is stopped thinking it has reached an endstop. So if you don't want to connect them for the moment, you should strap the endstop input on the shield with a jumper (or wire).

Cheers.
RoMaker
Administrateur du site

Message par RoMaker »

3DStyle a écrit : 01 oct. 2018 22:41
Note: I didn't connected any of the endstops to the CNC Shield. Does it make any difference?
YES of course !!! that makes a big difference because endstops are set in "NC" normaly closed, if you don't plug any switches, for the firmware it's like all switches are triggered !!!

If you don't want to plug endstops, you have to plug jumpers on X-, Y- and Z+ (but nothing on Z-)

Romain
3DStyle

Message par 3DStyle »

RoMaker a écrit : 02 oct. 2018 10:30
3DStyle a écrit : 01 oct. 2018 22:41
YES of course !!! that makes a big difference because endstops are set in "NC" normaly closed, if you don't plug any switches, for the firmware it's like all switches are triggered !!!

If you don't want to plug endstops, you have to plug jumpers on X-, Y- and Z+ (but nothing on Z-)

Romain
Well, something still doesn't make sense to me since I can move the X axis only to the left side, even without endstops.
Anyways, I connected all my endstops (but not Z-) and all the axis are still not moving.
Another thing is that I'm able to move the X axis to the left if push the joystick to the right side, but I can't do the same with the MKS touchscreen. I'm able to turn ON the relay with the touchscreen.

What should I do next?

Edit: I switched to this diagram, and more axis are coming to life now, but still there's a very strange behavior.
Again, I can't control the machine from the MKS touchscreen, but I can from the Nunchuck remote.

With ENA:
When I press on C button and move the joystick down-right, the Z axis moves down.
When I press on C button and move the joystick up-right, the Z axis moves up.
When I press on C button and move the joystick up, the Z axis moves down.
When I press on Z button and move the joystick down, the Y axis forward (to me).
* Rest of the combinations are not working.

Without ENA:
When I press on C button and move the joystick up, the X axis moves left and Z axis moves up (simultaneously).
When I press on C button and move the joystick down-right, the Y axis moves forward and Z axis moves up (simultaneously).
When I press on Z button and move joystick down, the Y axis moves forward (to me) and X axis moves left (simultaneously).
* Rest of the combinations are not working.

Very odd.
RoMaker
Administrateur du site

Message par RoMaker »

Woah ! very strange :shock:

Try with this firmware (nunchuk function disabled) https://www.makerfr.com/wp-content/uplo ... unchuk.zip

and try to move axis with TFT and Repetier

In a first time the movements must work with Repetier host and TFT, after we will see to enable again the nunchuk function.
3DStyle

Message par 3DStyle »

RoMaker a écrit : 02 oct. 2018 20:05 Woah ! very strange :shock:

Try with this firmware (nunchuk function disabled) https://www.makerfr.com/wp-content/uplo ... unchuk.zip

and try to move axis with TFT and Repetier

In a first time the movements must work with Repeiter Host and TFT, after we will see to enable again the nunchuk function.
Axis are moving via touchscreen or Repeiter Host, but still in a strange way.

X+ makes the Z axis rattling and Y axis moves forwared (to me).
X- the same.
Y+ makes the Z axis rattling and X axis move left.
Y- the same.
Z+ makes the X axis move left.
Z- the same.

All of this happen without ENA plugs.
With ENA plugs things are even worst.
RoMaker
Administrateur du site

Message par RoMaker »

can you take a maximum of pictures of your wiring please (shield, drivers, the whole...)
3DStyle

Message par 3DStyle »

RoMaker a écrit : 03 oct. 2018 07:47 can you take a maximum of pictures of your wiring please (shield, drivers, the whole...)
Hi, I re-wired all the machine and now all axis works as they should!
The biggest issue was that +5v from the TB6600 driver was not connected properly.ץ to the CNC Shield.

I'm still experiencing some issues though:

1. I uploaded back to the original RS-CNC firmware with the Nunchuck remote. With this firmware, I can't control the
machine with the Nunchuck remote nor the MKS touchscreen. Only the none Nunchuck version works.
Do you have any idea why? I checked the Nunchuck USB port and it gives 3.3v as it should.
I'm still with ENA disconnected to the CNC Shield. Could be it?

2. When I turn ON the machine, I can't move the X axis to the left side (X-). Only if I move the X axis to the right (X+),
I then can move it to the left (X-). Is this something new that was implemented into the software?
Edit: I just noticed it's also happening with the Z axis. I can't move it down far more then where it was when I first powered ON the machine, and I can only move it down after moving it up.
Using Repetier Host seems to have the same effect.
Edit 2: Y axis is the same.
I'm assuming it's something related to the endstops, although I connected jumper wires on the endstops pins.

3. I'm using a leadscrew with 2mm pitch on the Z axis but noticed that when I move the axis the measurements are not accurate. How can I change it in the Repetier firmware?
Edit: I changed ZAXIS_STEPS_PER_MM from 400 to 1600. Now it seems more accurate but does this number makes sense considering the leadscrew I'm using?
Edit 2: X and Y axis are not accurate as well. I definitely don't know to which parameters I should change the. :roll:
Edit 3: Changed X and Y to 220 and seems more accurate when I move them in 10mm, but I'm not sure how precise it's going to be.

4. I didn't change the steps on the TB6600 driver to 1/4 steps.
I'm still with 1/16 setting that I configured for the R-CNC. Is that okay? Maybe it's related to my issue #3?

Thanks!
Répondre