My RS CNC build...

lowvo

Re: My RS CNC build...

Message par lowvo »

Hi,
It's almost moving, I cannot wait :D. But still waiting for the stepper drivers and vfd.

Here's the 800w chinese spindle:
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Square- ... 4c4dLZ9Rub

Someone built his R-CNC with this type of 1.5kw square spindle, so I took that as an inspiration. Here's the video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LT5fbyyo1kY

Oh, and is there a way to get the source file for the TFT cover? I'd like to put a speed knob on it :).
lowvo

Message par lowvo »

There was a problem I'd like to share so others dont make the same mistake.
When inserting the leadscrew, pay attention to the POM nut. Mine was bending down and recutting the thread on the lower part and making the Z hard to move. What worked was to push it with a screwdriver so it entered correctly.

RoMaker
Administrateur du site

Message par RoMaker »

Hi lowvo !

Nice work ! but your X belt looks weird, can you take a picture of the fixations ?
lowvo

Message par lowvo »

Hi,

here's a photo. Maybe I'm overtightening it:?: ? EDIT: Oh nevermind, I see the problem :D. And Romain, could you please upload the source file for the TFT cover?

RoMaker
Administrateur du site

Message par RoMaker »

The problem is that the belt have to be fixed by the bottom !

Did not find the TFT cover file in the source pack?
lowvo

Message par lowvo »

Hi,

It is finally moving. Really happy :) :) :) ! Here's a small video:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1b3cjT0 ... sp=sharing

A few changes I made:
- Elevated the x chain holder to make a bigger radius for my thick cable. Also planning to build a table for the machine which has a cutout to lower the y chain.
- Printed a small box that attaches to the control panel which houses the speed potentiometer and a small display for spindle RPM, according to this tutorial:
https://www.instructables.com/id/Add-a ... o-a-CNC-R/

Now there's a few strange problems too, maybe you can help me:
- Moving with the nunchuk works no problem. But after I use the nunchuk the machine doesn't respond to move commands on the TFT and I have to reboot to make it work again. But homing commands always work.
- If I move via TFT it only goes in + direction first and after that I can make it move in - , but only as far I moved it in +. For example +10mm in y. After that it can move -10mm, but not more.

My firmware versions are v0.9 for the shield and v0.6 for TFT. I will try connecting with Repetier Host and see how that works!

But so far thanks for all your help. It has been a great experience ;)
RoMaker
Administrateur du site

Message par RoMaker »

Hi Lowvo, happy to see that your CNC is alive :D
lowvo a écrit : 06 oct. 2018 13:42
Now there's a few strange problems too, maybe you can help me:
- Moving with the nunchuk works no problem. But after I use the nunchuk the machine doesn't respond to move commands on the TFT and I have to reboot to make it work again. But homing commands always work.
- If I move via TFT it only goes in + direction first and after that I can make it move in - , but only as far I moved it in +. For example +10mm in y. After that it can move -10mm, but not more.
Yes it's 2 bugs kwown , we don't understand why we got it, and it's for this reason why the firmawre is still in "Beta" version.
lowvo

Message par lowvo »

Ah, I see. So nothing to worry about then :) .

There's something else: I'm trying to switch the FOR port on the VFD via the relay. It's 12v at 200mA max. So my idea was to connect it like in the diagram via a DC-DC converter. But there's no voltage across the spindle output :?: .

EDIT: Looked at the datasheet and realized the relay has a coil resistance of 272Ohms at 12V. So I ditched the resistor and now it works fine! ;)

RoMaker
Administrateur du site

Message par RoMaker »

Hi, On the shield, the Spindle output is just a contact normaly open (relay) with a resistor and a condensator to avoid electric arcs when opening the relay.
lowvo

Message par lowvo »

Hi,
small problem, just wanted to let you know:

My nunchuk stopped working properly since upgrading to v0.95. Now it only goes in negative direction. Will go back to 0.90 for now...

Still some small things to work on, but I will definitely post a video with the first cuts ;) !
Répondre