My RS CNC build...

lowvo

My RS CNC build...

Message par lowvo »

Hello,
finally I have started my build and it's going good so far. For me this is a big project, but I'm having lots of fun building the machine and learning :):

I have squared frame and was about to tighten everything, but there's one small worry. Small gaps are left at the clamping points near the y holders and I'm not sure if I should tighten any more as I feel I'm bending the aluminium.
Is this normal?
Kachidoki generously sent me the model for his inserts and now I regret not having printed them :|.
RoMaker
Administrateur du site

Re: My RS CNC build...

Message par RoMaker »

Hello Lowvo !

Don't thigten too hard, just a little bit is enought

Nice work and happy you enjoy it ;)
Kachidoki

Message par Kachidoki »

Hi Lowvo,
Don't worry about that. As Romain said, don't tighten them too hard, it should be fine. The most important thing to refine is the squareness of the assembly. The geometry is the key point.

Happy tinkering. ;)
lowvo

Message par lowvo »

Hi all,
things have been progressing well ;) !

And I'm ready to assembly the XZ module but have a question regarding the y rails. I tried adjusting both of them and one is perfectly uniform, it has the same resistance along the length. The other one gets somewhat harder to move towards one end, so it seems like there's a little bend maybe? So now I wonder if that is a normal variation or what. Maybe I have bent it while clamping on the drill press :?:

Kachidoki

Message par Kachidoki »

Hi lowvo,
The square tube will wear out after a while. If you don't have to use excessive force, the NEMA23 will be able to move it seamlessly. If not, you should consider to loosen a bit the bearings.
The weight of the XZ module will have an impact on the Y sliding, as the upper bearings will be under constraint, and the lower ones will be loosened.
lowvo

Message par lowvo »

Hi,
thanks for the reply! Meanwhile I pushed everything around by hand for a while and it really got much better. And it wasn't bad to begin with. Although my bearings are starting to rattle and I wonder if I'm clear on the right resistance. Let's say I give it a push, should it go on rolling for a little bit or be more of a jerky movement?
Well, fortunately I ordered a 50 pack of 608zz. Let's hope the new ones will last a bit longer :D
RoMaker
Administrateur du site

Message par RoMaker »

Hi Lowvo !

On your picture i see that your Y dollies are inverted, see the tutorial ;)
lowvo

Message par lowvo »

Phew :shock: !
Glad you noticed. That would have been a pain later on...
lowvo

Message par lowvo »

Hello,
thank you all for the advice...it saved me a lot of trouble :).
And I have resolved the issue with the rails. Turns out I was only adjusting the lower screws, thinking that the screws on top are only for holding the pieces together :lol:. I noticed my mistake when it was time to adjust the xz module, because there it is clear, there's no other way!

Again making progress:

But now I need to wait for my next orders from aliexpress ;)
Also you might notice the bed is not aluminium. I decided to save the money for now and better invest in a quieter spindle first!
RoMaker
Administrateur du site

Message par RoMaker »

good job for the moment ;)
Répondre