Emergency Stop button

Répondre
Rochdaleblue

Emergency Stop button

Message par Rochdaleblue »

Hi all i am continuing with my cnc build and am planning to fit an emergency stop button and wanted to know if anybody else had fitted one or considered doing so and if anybody had any wiring advice for the button.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
RoMaker
Administrateur du site

Re: Emergency Stop button

Message par RoMaker »

Hi Anthony !
You can simply wire your emergency button on power entry, to the normaly close (NC) contact of your button.
Romain
Rochdaleblue

RoMaker a écrit :Hi Anthony !
You can simply wire your emergency button on power entry, to the normaly close (NC) contact of your button.
Romain

Thanks Romain thats what i was thinking at first but i have seen a youtube video where they wired it into the 12v cables so it will stop the steppers rather that stopping the router. I think i will do some more research but thanks for your response.

RoMaker
Administrateur du site

Message par RoMaker »

You can find much solutions, i prefer when the emergency button is before all, and shut down the main power, but as you want !
Rochdaleblue

RoMaker a écrit :You can find much solutions, i prefer when the emergency button is before all, and shut down the main power, but as you want !
Yes your probably right Romain!

ViiD

Message par ViiD »

I'm using emergency stop wired to the mains in series, so it turns off router and power supplies at the same time. I was however worried that turning off the router would cause inductive voltage spikes that could damage the power supplies... so far nothing broke yet, but i'm afraid it could.
Rochdaleblue

ViiD a écrit :I'm using emergency stop wired to the mains in series, so it turns off router and power supplies at the same time. I was however worried that turning off the router would cause inductive voltage spikes that could damage the power supplies... so far nothing broke yet, but i'm afraid it could.
Thanks for your post i think i am worried damage could be done if the router stops but the steppers don’t stop immediately. I have already wired it the same as you suggested.

ViiD

Message par ViiD »

Router has inertia and it will spin for a few seconds after the emergency stop, whereas the motors drain so much current and have so little inertia that they stop at the same moment as you press the button.

It just hit me, emergency stop buttons have 1 NC (that we use) and 1 NO switch (which we dont use), so if I wire NO switch between system's 220V lines (after the emergency switch) to short out the power when the switch is pressed, it could short out the voltage spikes. I'll look into it just to make sure its safe :)
Rochdaleblue

ViiD a écrit :Router has inertia and it will spin for a few seconds after the emergency stop, whereas the motors drain so much current and have so little inertia that they stop at the same moment as you press the button.

It just hit me, emergency stop buttons have 1 NC (that we use) and 1 NO switch (which we dont use), so if I wire NO switch between system's 220V lines (after the emergency switch) to short out the power when the switch is pressed, it could short out the voltage spikes. I'll look into it just to make sure its safe :)
Ok cheers

Rochdaleblue

Rochdaleblue a écrit :
ViiD a écrit :Router has inertia and it will spin for a few seconds after the emergency stop, whereas the motors drain so much current and have so little inertia that they stop at the same moment as you press the button.

Ok cheers

Hi Viid

I am still in the process of making my cnc but wanted to know if you have finished and if so how do you find the machine and is it easy to operate.

Répondre