How make update firmware from 2.0 to new.

HTheatre

Re: How make update firmware from 2.0 to new.

Message par HTheatre »

kulfon250wr a écrit : 09 oct. 2023 16:42 This is what came to my mind. It's a pity that when selling the V.2 board you don't add a compatible ESP-32 module.
Me? I am not from MakerFr. I am a simple DIY maker exactly like you. I am moderator on the forum of MakerFr only because Romain (RoMaker) saw I was trying to help other DIY makers, here, and because I designed the RS-CNC32 assembly manual.

See ya,
kulfon250wr

Message par kulfon250wr »

HTheatre a écrit : 09 oct. 2023 18:16 Me? I am not from MakerFr. I am a simple DIY maker exactly like you. I am moderator on the forum of MakerFr only because Romain (RoMaker) saw I was trying to help other DIY makers, here, and because I designed the RS-CNC32 assembly manual.
See ya,
I see, then I am very grateful for your help.
But I still don't know if these two simply methods are enough to program ESP and which one to use first.
B/R
PS. You're doing a great job here. I would be very lost without you :)
HTheatre

Message par HTheatre »

kulfon250wr a écrit : 09 oct. 2023 18:15 Approx.
If I use these two new methods, do I need to load TFT or GRBL first?
It doesn't matter, because there are 2 different ZIP files.
  • This one to upload the Grbl_Esp32 firmawre into a first ESP-32 module ;
  • This other to upload (or re-upload) the firmware of the TFT into a second ESP-32 module.
Explanations are in the install_note.txt files you will find in the respective ZIP files. Read them. You can even translate them in Polish, with an online traductor like Google translator, or better like DeepL.
The uploading procedure of Grbl_Esp32 is plug'n play. Just connect an ESP-32 module (it has to be took off from the Grbl board v.2.0) to the USB port of your PC, with an USB-A to micro USB data cable.
Once done clic the win64_erase.bat file and wait until you read "Press a key to close the windows" or a message like this ;
Once the windows has closed, clic the win64_install_GRBL_ESP32_XYZA.bat file (for the RS-CNC32) and wait until you read "Press a key to close the windows" or a message like this... and press the key ;
Your ESP-32 module now contains Grbl_Esp32 and WebUI. You plug it onto the Grbl board v.2.0.

The procedure to upload the firmware of the TFT in the other ESP-32 module is identical. But once done and you have plugged the ESP-32 module containning the TFT firmware on the Grbl adapter board, you have to configure your Wi-Fi preferencies using a wifi.cfg file to put at the SD card root you will insert into the memory cards reader at the bacside of the TFT. Start the TFT and your Wi-Fi setting will be uploaded to the ESP-32.
kulfon250wr a écrit : 09 oct. 2023 18:15 It's a pity that there is no manual describing how to reprogram the ESP-32 using these methods.
There are, in French and English their respective archive files, as I wrote.
kulfon250wr a écrit : 09 oct. 2023 18:15 Is there anything else I need to do apart from these two uploads? The instructions on the website show the option with Arduino IDE soft, there are 3 steps, here you can only see 2?
I think that many people like me are not strong in this topic ;)
Do not care about the tutorials of the web site. The procedures I gave you will do exactly the samein with only respective 2 and 3 operations.

See ya,
kulfon250wr

And everything is clear, you are great :)
HTheatre

Message par HTheatre »

Hi kulfon250wr,
HTheatre a écrit : 09 oct. 2023 16:12 By the way, I just ordered an ESP-32E module from ESPRESSIF at MOUSER (U.S.A.) to test if this last ESP32 module version from the brand works with the Grbl board v2.0.
For your information, I received the ESP-32E module from ESPRESSIF, today. Like the previous release (the ESP-32D module) from the brand, it doesn't boot alone when I plug it onto the Grbl board v.2.0 of Romain. Every times I power on the Grbl board v.2.0, I need to press its RESET button (at side of the micro USB socket). So this ESP-32E module from ESPRESSIF is not compatible with the Grbl board v.2.0 of Romain, or rather the Grbl board v.2.0 of Romain is not compatible with the ESP-32E module from ESPRESSIF.

See ya,
kulfon250wr

HTheatre a écrit : 12 oct. 2023 00:03 Hi kulfon250wr,
For your information, I received the ESP-32E module from ESPRESSIF, today. Like the previous release (the ESP-32D module) from the brand, it doesn't boot alone when I plug it onto the Grbl board v.2.0 of Romain. Every times I power on the Grbl board v.2.0, I need to press its RESET button (at side of the micro USB socket). So this ESP-32E module from ESPRESSIF is not compatible with the Grbl board v.2.0 of Romain, or rather the Grbl board v.2.0 of Romain is not compatible with the ESP-32E module from ESPRESSIF.
See ya,
Hey
Approx. Thanks
Let's hope that the one I buy won't cause any problems.
It's a pity that this board is so picky

This only confirms that the store should sell a set with a compatible ESP

B/R
reis.bey

Message par reis.bey »

HTheatre a écrit : 08 oct. 2023 17:49 Hi kulfon250wr,

As I wrote you, the optocoupler of the Grbl v.2.0 board will solve the issues you relate.
Grbl v.1.0, v.1.5 and v2.0 support connexion via USB for OpenBuilds or other similar programs: CNCjs, Grbl controller (for Androïd smartphones), Laser Grbl, etc.

See ya,
i have v.1.5 board and have 3 motors XYZ can i update the firmware to
HTheatre

Message par HTheatre »

Hi reis.bey,
reis.bey a écrit : 20 nov. 2023 00:37 i have v.1.5 board and have 3 motors XYZ can i update the firmware to
You can update the TFT firmware but not the Grbl one, because the last used is for an ESP-32 chip and not for a STM-32 chip, which is used on previous Grbl borad versions.

See ya,
Répondre