24v Laser

Répondre
Salmonelo

24v Laser

Message par Salmonelo »

Hi, I have a 24v laser and would like to know if it is possible to connect it to the 1.5 board.
Thank you.
HTheatre

Re: 24v Laser

Message par HTheatre »

Hi Salmonelo,

To power it, no, because you won't have enough intensity. The problem doesn't really come from the Grbl board v. 1.5 but from the power supply itself. You have to add a dedicated external 24V power source to power the laser.

I have deleted the same message you posted in the French section of the forum. Please do not multiply the messages. Many members read them all, whether they are in the French or international section of the forum. (HTheatre for the moderation).

See ya,
Salmonelo

Message par Salmonelo »

HTheatre a écrit : 12 déc. 2022 09:54 Hi Salmonelo,

To power it, no, because you won't have enough intensity. The problem doesn't really come from the Grbl board v. 1.5 but from the power supply itself. You have to add a dedicated external 24V power source to power the laser.

I have deleted the same message you posted in the French section of the forum. Please do not multiply the messages. Many members read them all, whether they are in the French or international section of the forum. (HTheatre for the moderation).

See ya,
Thank you HTheatre, my doubt was whether there is no problem connecting the GND and PWM on the board despite having a 24v power source
HTheatre

Message par HTheatre »

Re Salmonelo,
Salmonelo a écrit : 12 déc. 2022 12:05 my doubt was whether there is no problem connecting the GND and PWM on the board despite having a 24v power source
I confirm you can connect the GND of the Grbl board to the GND of your external 24V power source. It will only slightly increase the risk of interferencies on the endstops ways.

See ya,
Salmonelo

Message par Salmonelo »

HTheatre a écrit : 12 déc. 2022 12:17 Re Salmonelo,
Salmonelo a écrit : 12 déc. 2022 12:05 my doubt was whether there is no problem connecting the GND and PWM on the board despite having a 24v power source
I confirm you can connect the GND of the Grbl board to the GND of your external 24V power source. It will only slightly increase the risk of interferencies on the endstops ways.

See ya,
Ok thank you
Répondre