I can't solve the problem

Répondre
KRZYCHU

I can't solve the problem

Message par KRZYCHU »

Hello everyone

I'm building an RS-CNC32 and I'm stuck connecting programmable chips. I can't properly connect GRBL 32 bits board with TFT module.
Errors appear:
- resets or doesn't connect wifi
- can't see Nunchuk
- disconnects the connection of grbl tiles - the symbol 2 question marks appears
- the most important: Nema motors run very unevenly (jerk)

I have already replaced all the elements: STM32, ESP32, a set of cables and plugs, I programmed from scratch several times. The effect is always the same.

For tests, I used ordinary cables (in CNC, all of them are shielded)

Please help and suggestions.

Thanks Krzysztof PL
Vous n’avez pas les permissions nécessaires pour voir les fichiers joints à ce message.
HTheatre

Re: I can't solve the problem

Message par HTheatre »

Hi KRZYCHU,

For the motors, you probably have inverted some wires. Find the 2 pairs of wires which correspond to the 2 coils of your motors. Manufactured regulary comit errors in their datasheets.
Disconnect the motors from your drivers/steppers and test their wires with a multimeter (in current continuity mode or ohmmeter mode). Connect one to the COM pin of your multimeter and choose another one you will connect to the + pin of the multimeter.
In current continuity mode, the multimeter will sound when you will find a pair of wires.
In ohmmeter mode, the multimeter will measure an high resistance when you will find a pair of wires.
We do not care about which pair of wires is A or B, as we do not care about which wire of each pair is + or -.
Just connect a pair, you arbitrary elect, to A+/A-. Connect anyone of the wire of the pair to A+ or A-. Connect the other pair of wire to B+/B- (as previously choose which wires will be + and -). Respect these arbitrary choices for all motors.
When your CNC will be ended, go to this page and invert on the drivers/steppers, if necessary, the 4 wires of the corresponding motor at 180° as shows on the diagram.

See ya,
KRZYCHU

Message par KRZYCHU »

Hi

I had such an idea but I was afraid to damage the motor. The seller and the manufacturer on their website incorrectly show how to connect the motor.
According to the advice, I chose the connections in the stepper motor in pairs (unlike before). Everything works perfectly now.

Information for the next CNC builders (incorrect markings !):
Nema 23 stepper motor 23HS5628 4 lead - producer Usongshine

Thank you for your help.
HTheatre

Message par HTheatre »

Hi KRZYCHU,
KRZYCHU a écrit : 16 oct. 2021 12:04 Everything works perfectly now.
I am glad to hear that! And sorry... I forgot to give you the link of the page I was talking about, in my previous post. It is this page. Moreover for French members I realized a video to show how to identify the NEMA's wires, but I didn't yet subtituled it in English. Here is the video I made.

See ya,
Répondre