Cannot establish connection to RSCNC32

Répondre
NonchalantWombat

Cannot establish connection to RSCNC32

Message par NonchalantWombat »

Hello,

I recently completed the full build of the RSCNC32. I installed all the firmware, it booted up, the TFT came on, and now I'm stuck.

I cannot connect to the CNC to change GRBL settings over a USB connection. I have tried Arduino, PuTTy, and bCNC. They make a connection, and show the following information:

ets Jun 8 2016 00:22:57

rst:0x1 (POWERON_RESET),boot:0x13 (SPI_FAST_FLASH_BOOT)
configsip: 0, SPIWP:0xee
clk_drv:0x00,q_drv:0x00,d_drv:0x00,cs0_drv:0x00,hd_drv:0x00,wp_drv:0x00
mode:DIO, clock div:1
load:0x3fff0018,len:4
load:0x3fff001c,len:1216
ho 0 tail 12 room 4
load:0x40078000,len:10944
load:0x40080400,len:6388
entry 0x400806b4
Card Mount Failed
using config.h param for WiFi
Wifi config will be executed

It hangs after the last line, and refuses to allow commands to be sent. It seems like it is frozen, and does this for a long time.

If I try to interact with the TFT, I believe I messed up the initial calibration, because it doesn't respond at all to touch input.

If I use a nunchuk to test the motors, all three of the rev up and move just fine for 1 second, but then they abruptly halt and act very jerky after that, stopping and then going even if I'm holding down the stick. The STM32 has a red and green LED; the red one flashes every time the motors halt abruptly.

I'm baffled, honestly, I can't interact with the firmware or hardware, it seems like the whole system is just looping in a freeze state or something. What do I do?
mstrens

Re: Cannot establish connection to RSCNC32

Message par mstrens »

In order to send grbl parameter up to the STM32 (which is running grbl), you have first to take some action on the TFT.

First check that the status in the upper rigth corner on the TFT is "Idle" and not "??"
When it is "??", it means that there is an issue and that the 2 boards are not communicating with each other.

Then you have to press the MILL button and then the USB->GRBL button.

It is only when this has been done that the text you type on a pc in a serial terminal (like the one from arduino ide) are transmitted up to STM32.

So, this suppose that you TFT respond to button press.
If your calibration is wrong, you can force a new one. There are 2 ways to do so:
- or you change a parameter in the config.h file and you reflash. When it is correct, you have to change the parameter back and reflash once more.
- or you put a file with a special name on the sd card (see tutorial or doc on wiki ); this is easier
NonchalantWombat

Re: Cannot establish connection to RSCNC32

Message par NonchalantWombat »

I got the TFT working by reflashing and enabling the calibration. Now, everything seems to work and I can upload a job via SD card and it all works as intended.

I can also connect to the STM32 and send commands, so that is great.

The nunchuk still causes very jerky/stuttery movements, like it is constantly triggering a end-stop. This isn't a problem with jogging via the TFT. I tried with two different nunchuk controllers, with no difference. Unsure what the problem is here.
Répondre