CNC restarts frequently

Répondre
MSOHD

CNC restarts frequently

Message par MSOHD »

Hello!

I have the problem that my CNC restarts at a certain point in the gcode. It does not happen with only one gcode but with multiple ones. Already I have searched for any faults in the codes, but I could not find any.

Does anyone have any idea why this could happen? :oops:
mstrens

Re: CNC restarts frequently

Message par mstrens »

I see 2 reasons:
- If there is some "noise" on the wire that connect TX from ESP32 to Rx from STM32, it could be that some characters are disformed and the STM32 get a character that is considered being a Soft Reset.
- The STM32 has a pin that is foreseen to force a soft reset of GRBL. If this pin is connected to a button using long unshielded wires, it could be that, due to "noise" on the wires, the STM32 get signal that is interpreted as a request for a reset. To check if this is the reason, disconnect the wires for the button from the shield and install a jumper.
mrtkzmc

Message par mrtkzmc »

Hi,

I've the same problem, usually when i first run the router (cheap chinese router), grbl restarts, sometimes when while router runing.
Seems that because of noise.
How can i prevent this?

Thanks,

Murat
Nelson_C

Message par Nelson_C »

Do you think it's code and not a weak connection between the TFT and the board? Feels like the design of the mounts and screen cover slightly interfere on my machine, if I wiggle the TFT/screen cover, the screen will blank out and stop milling.
Répondre