65mm Spindle with VFD

Répondre
3DStyle

65mm Spindle with VFD

Message par 3DStyle »

Hi,

Is it possible to connect a VFD + 65mm spindle as in the picture below, and control it via the LCD screen with the RS-CNC-32Bit controller?
HTheatre

Re: 65mm Spindle with VFD

Message par HTheatre »

Hi 3DStyle,

Yes and no. It is possible to control the RPM speed of the spindle using the PWM pins of the 32bits GRBL board. But the RPM rate will be defines in your Gcode and will be transmit to the spindle via the PWM pins of the 32bits GRBL board. The RPM will be the one you have chose in your CAM software.

Is it the answer you were expecting for ?

See ya
mstrens

Message par mstrens »

With the TFT you can also define some customs buttons that would send a Gcode to set the speed on a specific value.
You can also change the the speed with the TFT using the "override" screen (upper right on the info screen - the button is not displayed but it should work)
3DStyle

Message par 3DStyle »

Thanks for the answers HTheatre and mstrens!

This is the diagram of the VFD. Do you know how to connect it to the RS-CNC-32-bit board?

HTheatre

Message par HTheatre »

Hi 3DStyle,

First you need to buy this.

https://fr.aliexpress.com/item/40011526 ... 6c372koHp6

mstrens will confirm, but I suppose you have to connect PIN "VOLTAGE OUTPUT - GND" (from the converter) to GND pin (but I can see it on the picture you posted) or maybe V0 pin (of the VDF) and "VOLTAGE OUTPUT - A0" (from the converter) to the V+10 pin (of the VDF). Then connect the converter like this :

Use a multimeter to calibrate the converter setting mini and max speed values via ARDUINO.IDE in serial monitoring mode. Considering the firmware version of the STM-32 you use, you will have to "un-invert" the PWM signal. Purchase the converter first. We will explain then :)

See ya
3DStyle

Message par 3DStyle »

HTheatre, thank you so much for the informative answer!

mstrens, do you have an update on this?
mstrens

Message par mstrens »

In order to test the PWM converter, you can for sure use the shema HTheatre provided.

Afterwards, when you will connect it the VFD, it is better not to use the 24V and Gnd from the cnc power supply.
The PWM converter seems to be optically isolated.
So just connect PWM + and PWM- to GRBL board.
It seems that you VFD can provide 24V. So connect it to power supply of the module.
The same for the Gnd of the VFD to the power supply (gnd) of the module.
Then, I presume (but I am not sure - look at the detailed doc of the vfd) you have to connect the voltage output A0 from module to V0 from VFD.
I expect that there is no need to connect voltage output (Gnd) because it would already be connected (internally) to power supply (gnd) inside the module.
3DStyle

Message par 3DStyle »

Thanks mstrens, I will order soon the product and will see how it turns out.
MisterA

Message par MisterA »

I'm also thinking about buying that spindle.
Would be interesting to see if you manage to get it working.

I see there is a choice between metal and ceramic bearings.
Are ceramic worth it? Possibly less vibration?

Best regards,
Jan
Répondre