Z probe - endstop Z

Réglages logiciels, firmware, utilisation,...
Répondre
Emanuele

Z probe - endstop Z

Message par Emanuele »

Hi Romain! First of all thankyou so much! Great project! I want to ask if there’s the chance to remove the Z+ endstop in favour of a Z- endstop that can work also like a probe. I explain better: when I hit z home the machine goes first in home with x and y, then moves, for example, +20 mm in x and +20 mm in y then it comes down touching the sensor on the plate. In this way we have only one sensor for z( and two cable less in the cable trays that’s not so bad). What do you think about?
Another question is about the firmware: when I press home everything is ok but the machine can go over it’s maximum lenght and witdth (it hurts!). Is it possible to fix it inserting a maximum lenght and width?
jijiz

Re: Z probe - endstop Z

Message par jijiz »

Emanuele a écrit : 25 nov. 2020 20:55 Hi Romain! First of all thankyou so much! Great project! I want to ask if there’s the chance to remove the Z+ endstop in favour of a Z- endstop that can work also like a probe. I explain better: when I hit z home the machine goes first in home with x and y, then moves, for example, +20 mm in x and +20 mm in y then it comes down touching the sensor on the plate. In this way we have only one sensor for z( and two cable less in the cable trays that’s not so bad). What do you think about?
Another question is about the firmware: when I press home everything is ok but the machine can go over it’s maximum lenght and witdth (it hurts!). Is it possible to fix it inserting a maximum lenght and width?
Hi,
There is a probe made from endstop on thingiverse , but... You need the z endstop from original design because it's the first endstop wich is reached by cnc when you hit home button in order to put the tool the highest to avoid breaking tool when cnc is looking X and Y endstop during homing. Plus, one bit has never the same height than another, so you can't set sofware boundary to find the higher Z position.
Répondre