suddenly stops milling

Répondre
geostein8888

suddenly stops milling

Message par geostein8888 »

Hello,
i started now with out a spindle running to test the cnc.
after some time the cnc is stopping suddenly to move the axis. The numbers on the display are also not changing anymore. on top left it says SD-> Grebl, on top right IDLE
after 2 minutes it tells me that sending gcode suppended for more than 2 minutes.

i have rx/tx shielded betwenn esp and stm, both sites connected to the gerbl board GND
the reset and AStop is bridged by a jumper.

i can push the cancel button and then restart the machine without switching off (SD->openfile->start)
the sudden stop does always happen after different times, not the same position in gcode i mean

i also tried with directly jumper on x/y/z endstop to be sure its not from here - same issue

When i push the top left to get the hidden messages i can see one roe to garbage signs under the gerbl message

Georg
mstrens

Re: suddenly stops milling

Message par mstrens »

when the ESP32 sent Gcode to GRBL, it sent one line of character and wait for an acknowledgment from GRBL.
If the communication between the 2 boards is corrupted (due to electrical noise generally generated by stepper or spindle), the ESP32 stop sending.

You can try:
- to use shielded cable for RX and TX signals between the 2 boards
- to reduce the length of the cable between the 2 boards
- to reduce the baudrate of the communication (need to change both firmware and to reflash them)
geostein8888

Hello,
this i tried already except the baud rate, tool so long and a lot of stm32 to bring it to work up to here. I also do not have connected the external USB cable to the ESP
the spindle is also not switched on

Georg
stu_le_brew46

Message par stu_le_brew46 »

I had a problem similar to this - it turned out to be a defective SDcard (It took a long time to find), could be worth trying with a new/different card.

If this does not fix the problem I would keep looking at static as the issue, and screening all cables especially between the two boards

good luck
S
geostein8888

Hello,
i tried now 3 other cards down to 1GB, same problem. The board are already connected together with shielded cables

Georg
geostein8888

Hello,
i disconnected now all 3 axis from the motor drivers, so no motor is connected an can disturb the signals. I get now still the same failure, so this cant be a problem while the motors are disturbing the signals between the stm32 ad esp

Georg
jahislove

Message par jahislove »

the main problem is a communication problem :

the serial connection between the ESP and the STM is very sensible to parasit

you must use a shielded cable as short as possible. mine is 10cm long and work prefectly
geostein8888

Hello,
my cable is shielded, and i even disconnected the drivers from the gerbl board, means the steppers are not running. The job does always break with IDLE before its finished, sometimes after 10%, sometimes 30% or more
my baud-rate is already set to 19200bd

Georg
jahislove

Message par jahislove »

stepper are not the only source of electrical noise , for exemple a LED power line is very noisy
do not run any cable along your communication cable

what is the lenght of your serial connection STM<=>ESP ?
geostein8888

Hello,
The leds i have not connected, i also use jumpers right now instead of the end switches. The length of my cable is around 15cm

Georg
Répondre