Touchscreen does not respond

Répondre
RestoreDoctor

Touchscreen does not respond

Message par RestoreDoctor »

Hello, I searched the forum because of my problem but did not come across a solution. That's why I want to ask and hopefully someone can help me.

I am done with the wiring now I am faced with the problem that the screen does not react. it does not work even during the calibration.
It's the right screen with the U2 chip I've already bought a new screen and tried it, but that hasn't changed anything.

What could be the problem? firmware? tft board? I have now ordered a new esp32 module to try it out, I really have no idea. many thanks

mstrens

Re: Touchscreen does not respond

Message par mstrens »

It is very important to use the right type of board when you compile/flash the ESP32.
Did you tried using the type specified in the tutorial (wmos lolin32 ?? Be careful I did not check with the tutorial)
RestoreDoctor

yes i tried but also without success
mstrens

Message par mstrens »

Can you make the following test:
Connect the ESP32 to the PC (via USB)
Open Arduino IDE. Press CTRL+ALT+M in order to open the serial terminal
Check that baudrate (below right) is 115200. If not change it.

try to force a reset of ESP32.

The pc should display a few lines of messages but it should not repeat them continously.

Repeating the same set of lines again and again shows that ESP32 reset it self (wrong type of board or no enough power)
RestoreDoctor

I ran the test, the lines didn't repeat. then you can rule that out right?

edit:
I have already flashed the new ESP32 module and tried it, but unfortunately the screen still doesn't respond

a question: if the esp32 and the board are connected to the pc, i can test it via the pc or do I have to pay attention to something in the firmware that it is "controlled" by the pc

mstrens

Message par mstrens »

Even if the TFT does not work, if you change the line that initialise the statusPrinting with the value I said, you can normally use the ESP32 to forward the GRBL commands or Gcode received from the PC to GRBL (and vice versa).
On the PC you have to use a program to send the commands (Arduino serial terminal, bcnc, candle, ...)
RestoreDoctor

i have grbl v1.0 could this also be the problem? or what is the difference with the v1.5?
HTheatre

Message par HTheatre »

RestoreDoctor a écrit : 15 déc. 2020 16:18 i have grbl v1.0 could this also be the problem? or what is the difference with the v1.5?
No, the only differences are the color of the board and the height of the relay used, which is lower than the height of previous one. This change is for ease shipping only.
RestoreDoctor

I solved the problem.
I use the new Esp32 with the first screen I bought.(v1.0) with this combination it works now.

With the screen V2.0 (picture above) it still does not work.

Many thanks to all!
Répondre