Lower the Y motor and rod

Répondre
ciapski

Lower the Y motor and rod

Message par ciapski »

Hi,
has anyone tried to make some custom parts to lower the Y motor and rod to have unlimited space in the Y direction?
mattswensson

Re: Lower the Y motor and rod

Message par mattswensson »

This thought crossed my mind as well - thinking it could run under the surface but then would require a transfer to the dollies going back up or having the belt under the rails - at which point I felt was too many moving parts to bother with. Would be a great change for future versions.
ciapski

Message par ciapski »

And what about adding another stepper motor and move them left and right? You will have 2 rods few cm long. The middle is free. Will the stepper driver handle the two motors? Or do I need another one? I'm just in the middle of printing the reinforced parts and the CNC is in pieces so i can try it out. Just have to order some parts.
mattswensson

Message par mattswensson »

So remove the rod, move the stepper to one side and add another on the other side? Ultimately the motors just take signals and power so if the signal is sent to both steppers i would assume they should both turn. Wonder if you need to try to ensure all wires running from driver to motor are the same length (or if that even matters) for timing sake. The downside is more moving parts = more risk to some extent but an interesting thought. There are CNCs that employ dual steppers on one axis that run split wires from the driver, so I imagine this is completely do-able.
ciapski

Message par ciapski »

I'll order one more stepper and try to do it. Just need to print Y stepper bracket in mirror way.
DaveDolsonUSA

Message par DaveDolsonUSA »

I’d find a dual motor driver cable, they are available On Ali express.

US $2.02 10% Off | 3D Printer Part Accessories Stepper Motor Cable Dual For Cr-10/ Cr-10S/Ender-3 Connectors stepper Motor
https://a.aliexpress.com/_mt7Q2Tn

You can run into number of problems using dual motors. Minor little things like keeping them in sync. This is a problem seem in 3d printers where the z carriages( left and right) get out of synch and cause print problems ie cause door repetitive bed leveling.
I fixed my ANet A6 using pulleys to drive both screws, no a single motor. I hardly need to adjust the bed any more.

Using a single drive source is best, perhaps a dual shaft motor is the better answer.
ciapski

Message par ciapski »

That's the result.
This week i'll connect the stepper and see if it works how it should work :-)
The only thing I've missed is bed leveling. Now i have surfaced plywood bed leveled by the router and now i have to use a spoiler board leveled manually to the cnc. This will be hard to do it perfectly.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing

ciapski

Message par ciapski »

Ok first test are done.

Everything work's fine. I've just switched one pair of wires from the stepper side and reversed the direction.
Got now a lot more of torque on Y axis.

Répondre