Z axis losing position?

Répondre
DeweyCheatem

Z axis losing position?

Message par DeweyCheatem »

For small simple parts, my router works great. And most of the time, as long as the material is 5mm or less, I have no problems.

However, if I am working with thicker material, occasionally the z axis seems to lose counts when raising as it either won't raise the whole way, or plug too deep (and twice into the bed even with a 5mm thick waste board).

I added a fan thinking it could be related to heat, but that didn't seem to fix it. Anyone else see this? Does it get resolved with RS CNC 32?
mattswensson

Re: Z axis losing position?

Message par mattswensson »

I have not experienced this. Is it possible your plunge rate is too high? Do you have an anti-backlash nut installed?
Does this happen with no material in place (basically running it with no stock there) as well? (trying to understand if the stock interaction is part of the problem or just general movement)

I am running the mechanics of the RS-CNC32 but just using standard electronics (arduino mega using GRBL) so I can't comment outside of that type of setup.
DeweyCheatem

Re: Z axis losing position?

Message par DeweyCheatem »

I dont think it's a plunge rate as it's not that consistent. I've only have seen it with material and only not retracting far enough, so just in the up direction.

It's almost like it is seeing phantom counts. Has anyone tried any ferrite beads? Wondering if it could be electrical noise since it doesn't seem to be heat.

Just ran a 4hr job with 12mm thick material and no problems. I split it into 4 separate jobs just to be sure.
Répondre