spindle port problem.

Répondre
Pnrntn

spindle port problem.

Message par Pnrntn »

hi everyone, I connected my katsu to the spindle port of the board as per the connection diagram
power32.jpg
but when you do the job the spindle remains stationary.
can you give me some indications on what could be the problem
thank you.
Vous n’avez pas les permissions nécessaires pour voir les fichiers joints à ce message.
Pnrntn

Re: spindle port problem.

Message par Pnrntn »

Could the relay have been mounted incorrectly?
2020_10_16_093913.png
Vous n’avez pas les permissions nécessaires pour voir les fichiers joints à ce message.
mstrens

Message par mstrens »

The schema is OK.

I do not know if it is possible to mount the relay in a reverse position on your board.
On mine, it is not possible because the pins does not allow it (look at the back of the board).

When the spindle should start, you should hear a click from the relay.
You can also disconnect the spindle from the relay and put an ohmmeter on the 2 pins (outputs of the relay).
When OFF, the resistance should be very big.
When ON, the resistance should be (nearly) zero.
If not, there is an issue in the relay or the part that drive the relay.
Check first if you do not have a bad soldering on one of the STM32 pins.
Pnrntn

Message par Pnrntn »

I did not mean that the relay was mounted upside down but that maybe the sandings are not stable. I don't hear any clicks when the spindle has to activate. Today I check the welds of the relay and the stm32.
Pnrntn

Message par Pnrntn »

I solved. It was the welds under the relay. However, I have another question to ask. The katsu is switched on and off via the relay, but the spindle speed can be set via software and entered in the gcode, or must it be set manually with the wheel above the katasu? Thank you.
HTheatre

Message par HTheatre »

With the KATSU, the spindle speed have to be set manually with the wheel of the KATSU. To control the speed of the spindle electronically the spindle have to be equipped with an integrated electronic speed controller that can be controlled by the PWM signal of the GRBL 32bits board. This is what I do with mine. My spindle is an AMB 1050 FME-1 DI whom the RPM speed can be controlled electronically.
Répondre