I need help explaining cutting abort pls - SOLVED

Répondre
stu_le_brew46

I need help explaining cutting abort pls - SOLVED

Message par stu_le_brew46 »

First I have to say am still new to CNC, but have successfully finished my newbuild machine.

On a test run earlier this week I had a big failure (the machine was cutting in the X axis) everything stopped dead first the router stopped and the program running ended. On later inspection it turned out the cutting bit was trashed, I was cutting oak maybe too aggressively, picture below of render from Fusion360

The wood before the machine stopped was burned so the bit was getting very hot

I think the router maybe has a thermal overload protection as when I tried to restart the relay was clicking on/off but no movement of the router, after some minutes it did spin up OK. but I do not understand why the program stopped (I am glad that it did as it failed in a safe state), other than if there is some abort caused by the X axis movement stopping as the router stopped ? or another possibility is there is some over current or temperature protection with the relay on the GRBL board ?

Has anyone experience of a similar failure, any comments appreciated
S
Vous n’avez pas les permissions nécessaires pour voir les fichiers joints à ce message.
Modifié en dernier par stu_le_brew46 le 06 oct. 2020 15:35, modifié 1 fois.
stu_le_brew46

Re: I need help explaining cutting abort pls

Message par stu_le_brew46 »

All is now solved, did a test this morning 100% sure its fixed, the unexplained abort was occurring at random places so very difficult to diagnose the problem

The problem was actually the SDCard, the old one is now in the bin and I have a new one installed, it became apparent when I put the old card in my laptop and it did not announce itself
Répondre