Question about emergency stop button

Répondre
BigDee

Question about emergency stop button

Message par BigDee »

Hi,
I have ordered already the controller for my DIY CNC. But I'm struggeling with the E-Stop. The wiring shows only that the spindle motor is conntected to the E-Stop. But the axis will still keep on moving after press the E-Stop . I took also a look into the source code and in the config.h found a commented row
//#define USE_RESET_BTN_AS_ESTOP
Should the E-Stop also be connected to the RST line?
Kind regards from Germany
wil4006

Re: Question about emergency stop button

Message par wil4006 »

Hi, the emergency stop powers down the power cabel of the power suply. The spindel, axis, light and board will be without power.

Beste Grüße from Germany
wil4006

Message par wil4006 »

I just recogniced in the picture. The switch sould be on the phase and not on neutral.

As fast as i know NEVER switch neutral alone, switch always tha phase or phase and neutral.

If you switch only neutral there is still power on the cable, although the mashine is not running !!!
mattswensson

Message par mattswensson »

Yeah, i had wired it backwards at first and then logic got the best of me. After reading up a bit, it was confirmed it should not be on the neutral. I actually have another switch in place for my spindle which is great because i don't have to power everything down when changing bits, just the spindle and I don't run the risk of losing my hand.
BigDee

Message par BigDee »

That makes sense. I didn't realize that the connector in the corner belongs to the power supply.
wil4006

Message par wil4006 »

@ mattswensson

Using a second switch for the router is a good idea. I didn't realiced it here because i have a separete power source on my other maschine for the router. But in this setting a second switch is a great idea. Thanks.
Ariochson

Message par Ariochson »

Hello,

Emergency stop button should switch off everything,
for my cnc, i planned another switch for my router, so i can stop router alone in "non emergency cases",

and by the way, i have 4 switchs (plus emergency switch) : router / laser / leds / vacuum
Répondre