Router Choice - casue wobbling Katsu

Répondre
Janixxx

Router Choice - casue wobbling Katsu

Message par Janixxx »

Hi guys I am in trouble...
I bought a china router from aliexpress and it wobble a little... it have this small cone collect
Bought another one this time it was Katsu (similar one), wobbling as hell so i thinking about buying another one :/ :/ third one...

Am i doing something wrong with them ?
Maybe this is because an imperfect collect, in china router when I rotate an inserted extension rod (c6-er11), sometimes i can set it so wobble is minimal but still visible - to this Katsu router I can't find replacement collect, does your look similar (check attachment) ?

I think that the small cone collect are not good for milling because they have (from design point) smaller stiffness (only one point of contact in spindle) then those regular collect/higher ones (like in katsu), they have greater side support because of being higher and having two point o contact. Does it have sense in your opinion?

So this third router should have this higher collect and which brand do you think: Makita, Bosch, Erbauer(check attachment).... ? (they all look similar but maybe there is some difference - price also is similar)
Vous n’avez pas les permissions nécessaires pour voir les fichiers joints à ce message.
mstrens

Re: Router Choice - casue wobbling Katsu

Message par mstrens »

I have a Katsu and the collet delivered with 4 points of contact is really bad.
I have about 0.2mm wobbling.

On aliexpress, you can easily find some collets with 3 points of contact but I expect that they would not fit (the dimension does not seems the same).
There is perhaps a few sites (perhaps only one) that have the 4 points of contacts collets.
I found some on ebay and on amazon I think. You can search for collets for Makita.

There is even one company (but in US) that provide collet that gives direct reduction to 3.175mm (so you avoid using a second adpater) but the price is quite high (25$ I think).
Janixxx

Message par Janixxx »

After research I bought the third router (in my opinion the best from list above) - Orange Tools CMT10 it have the same construction as makita and bosch but in my opinion it has one big advantage over them: 8mm, 6mm collets (included) and there are pretty cheap (about 6 euro).

I made a wobble mesuremetns with Dial gauge, different collets, chinese router vs CMT10, and measures with and without C6-ER11 rod extension.
All measures was made few times with different bits and at the same height; about 15mm lower from collet/locking nut.

Chinese router had about 0.2-0.3mm wobble tested on two 6mm collets, it was better than my Katsu

CMT10 was far superior, with 6mm collet I recorded about 0.02-0.05mm of wobble - no vibration on spindle body,
unfortunately 8mm collet was in rage of 0.1-0.16mm, not so good.
With addition of C6-ER11 extension in 6mm collet I get about 0.05-0.08mm of wobble, this extension rod even it's shortened it gives an additional distance(and mass) from spindle nut and this make some vibration on spindle body and a very little on the Z gantry. Do you also have vibration, is it tolerable ? How to cope with those non standard diameter bits ?

So I wonder what is the ultimate solution for all this, the chinese ER11 spindle ? does anyone have it and can give some info ?
jamesfreak49

Message par jamesfreak49 »

Janixxx a écrit : 13 févr. 2020 21:26 Hi guys I am in trouble...
I bought a china router from aliexpress and it wobble a little... it have this small cone collect
Bought another one this time it was Katsu (similar one), wobbling as hell so i thinking about buying another one :/ :/ third one...

Am i doing something wrong with them ?
Maybe this is because an imperfect collect, in china router when I rotate an inserted extension rod (c6-er11), sometimes i can set it so wobble is minimal but still visible - to this Katsu router I can't find replacement collect, does your look similar (check attachment) ?

I think that the small cone collect are not good for milling because they have (from design point) smaller stiffness (only one point of contact in spindle) then those regular collect/higher ones (like in katsu), they have greater side support because of being higher and having two point o contact. Does it have sense in your opinion?

So this third router should have this higher collect and which brand do you think: Makita, Bosch, Erbauer(check attachment).... ? (they all look similar but maybe there is some difference - price also is similar)
I think Makita is much better then others. I recently purchased Makita RT0701CX3 1-1/4 HP Compact Router Kit and it is much than other.

I recently read article about router to purchase(link). And got its recommendation.
It has specs like:-

Makita RT0701CX3 1-1/4 HP Compact Router Kit is a complete kit that delivers top-notch performance. It is versatile and precisely made to fit a compact size. The router ensures the maximal horsepower ranging 1-1/4. There are three bases present inside the kit. You can utilize these bases with the Makita router in multiple routing applications with precision.

And pros like:-
  • The quick release shaft lock system ensures faster bit changing.
  • Has moderate weight.
  • Ergonomic design allows better handling of the router.
  • Heavy-duty aluminium strengthens the router motor.
So, it was quiet good than other.
Répondre