110v USA question

Répondre
Warlordxxx

110v USA question

Message par Warlordxxx »

Has anyone setup an RS-CNC32 to run on the 110v spindle ? my question is if i purchase the kit without spindle do i need only to purchase the spindle separately? is the included power supply 110v 220v switchable or only 220v?

Many thanks.
RoMaker
Administrateur du site

Re: 110v USA question

Message par RoMaker »

Hi !
If you speak about Aliexpress kit, you have to know that MakerFr have no link with the Aliexpress seller.
If you have any question about Aliexpress kit, you have to ask directly the aliexpress seller !
I heard that the router included in the kit is poor quality made. It's better for you to get a Katsu or Makita or Dewalt router in 110v.
Cheers
Romain
Warlordxxx

Message par Warlordxxx »

H Romain,

Thank you for the reply. I understand that MakeFr has no direct link with the aliexpress seller. My question was more aimed at those in the USA that had purchased the kit. To my understanding the only things that would need the voltage change would be the router used and the power supply. I was planning on buying the kit without router so i could purchase the 110v router separately however some power supplies have a 110v 220v switching option and if this doesn't i would purchase a different one at the same time. With aliexpress you don't always get the whole truth from a seller so i thought it better to try to ask those that had purchased here rather than ask the seller and still wait for some time for a power supply that may or may not have what i need on it.

Many thanks for the reply.
Mark
Warlordxxx

Message par Warlordxxx »

Hi Romain another follow up question to that - You mention that the router in the kit is not of good quality. Will the 3D printed parts accommodate other routers like the Makita or Dewalt etc ?

Many thanks,
Mark
HTheatre

Message par HTheatre »

Hi Mark,

For sure, this MAKITA's model, have the same housing diameter (65 mm) than the KATSU. So, the "router_65mm" 3D printed part, which is the spindle support part provided by default with the AliExpress kit, is compatible with it, at least.

The DEWALT seems to have the same housing diameter also, but to be sure, check and measure at your Home Depot.

See ya
Warlordxxx

Message par Warlordxxx »

Hey HTheatre,

Thanks for the reply i'll check out every 65mm spindle.

Appreciate the help.
Répondre