no movement from steppers

Répondre
C4beard

no movement from steppers

Message par C4beard »

hi i have been battling a few issues since upgrading to the 32bit electronics having dealt with most issues the one i don't seem to be able to fix is that i don't have any movement from the steppers, the motors are all good as are the drivers but when i press the button to move the corresponding axis the numbers on the display go up or down but i have no movement at all
mstrens

Re: no movement from steppers

Message par mstrens »

If positions on TFT change, it means that ESP32 and STM32 are OK and are communicating.
Did you take care that the cabling between STM32 and the drivers is different for the 32 version compare to the non 32 version.
ENA+, DIR+ and PUL+ have to be connected to 5V vcc and it is ENA-, DIR- and PUL- that are connected to STM32 pins.
C4beard

Message par C4beard »

thanks for replying. yes i did make the changes to the cabling but the motors just put out a high pitched noise but no movement
stu_le_brew46

Message par stu_le_brew46 »

I had a similar problem (but my machines is a new build not an upgrade) symptoms sound the same, the solution for me was indeed the wiring of the stepper power controllers to the controller board. On the wiring diagram the three wires from the stepper motor controller look like they go straight to the pins but there two are swapped (yellow and blue in the diagram) the link below shows the diagram

https://www.makerfr.com/wp-content/uplo ... mand32.jpg
coyo5050

Message par coyo5050 »

I also made this mistake. Did not expect 2 of the wires to swap.
C4beard

Message par C4beard »

this has now bneen solved
Répondre