GRBL-STN32 Programing Question

Répondre
peterashuk

GRBL-STN32 Programing Question

Message par peterashuk »

Hi

I've followed the instructions to 'Easy-way' program the STN32 using ST-Link (I did not change any jumpers on the board) and the software says it has programmed OK.
Can I use the micro usb on the STN32 to connect to a GRBL sender software such as Candle to check if the board has GRBL running?
I get an serial port error if I plug the board into my laptop.
I have ordered a set of boards and an LCD display.

Peter
RoMaker
Administrateur du site

Re: GRBL-STN32 Programing Question

Message par RoMaker »

(I moved the topic in the English section)

Hi,
No, the usb port of the STM32 does not work, to connect your computer to the board, please read the tutorial, "TFT manual page" It's explained ;)
Romain
USB button, allows to connect a computer to GRBL through the USB port of the TFT. To do this, connect the USB port of the ESP32 (TFT) to the USB port of the computer. In the GRBL control software or serial console, select the correct COM port and Baudrate 115200, connect, and then press the USB button on the TFT. The TFT becomes “transparent” and the PC is directly connected to GRBL. You can then see the GRBL log, send commands, view / change the config, launch a job from the computer …
mstrens

Message par mstrens »

It is also possible to connect the GRBL board directly to the PC but then you have to use 3.3 V usb serial module (like a FTDI).
This serial interface has to use the RX and TX pin (just like the ESP32 do)
jimbalny

Message par jimbalny »

This page will tell you how to hook up the STM32 blue pill to an FTDI over a serial connection. Confirmed that you can communicate with GRBL this way without having an ESP32 connected, did this during testing to troubleshoot some issues.

https://circuitdigest.com/microcontroll ... g-usb-port
peterashuk

Message par peterashuk »

Thanks for your helpful messages, I have my blue pill working with the 'openbuilds' control software (which incidentally also includes debuging for various endstop status). I am slightly unsure of if the FTDI should be set at 3.3 or 5V as the grbl board is labled with 5 volt. The FTDI I am currently using does have the option option to provide a 5V or 3.3 volt output and set the rs232 levels at 3.3V or 5V. I admit, I had set the rs232 to 5V but I accept this may be incorrect and damage the chip.
Could Mistrens help to clear this up please.
Also, is there a circuit diagram available for the grbl board ?
Répondre