Using MKS TFT32 touchscreen with GRBL?

Répondre
MartiS

Using MKS TFT32 touchscreen with GRBL?

Message par MartiS »

Hello, does anybody have information - can the MKS TFT32 touchscreen - from the “previous version” RS-CNC - be used with GRBL?

I ordered several MakerFr CNC shields and MKS TFT32 touchscreens back in November 2018.
Now I finally got around to using the set, but I found that Marlin seems to be too limiting for more serious CNC work.

If anyone has any further information to point me in the right direction, I would be very grateful.

Best regards,
Marti
RoMaker
Administrateur du site

Re: Using MKS TFT32 touchscreen with GRBL?

Message par RoMaker »

Hi Martis,
GRBL doesn't work with the previous shield, it's because we made the new GRBL32bits board.
Have a good day
Romain
MartiS

Message par MartiS »

Thank you Romain!

I'm a big fan of screw connections for wires, so I'm using a separate screw shield on my Arduino Mega anyway (see link: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/3280972 ... 4c4dGejF2G)
So, if there are GRBL pinouts missing on the "old" MakerFr shield - that will not be a problem for me, I can get all the pins that GRBL is using from my screw connections.

What I am rather interested in - can MKS TFT32 touchscreen be made to work together with GRBL running on Arduino Mega?
Has anyone tried it or seen in some forums? :-)
I found that MKS has a GRBL firmware for smaller TFT28 touchscreen but I doubt it would directly work on the TFT32 screen.

Marti
RoMaker
Administrateur du site

Message par RoMaker »

It's not a connection problem with GRBL, but a chip problem. GRBL doesn't work with mega2560 boards !

And the MKS TFT32 firmware is made to work with Marlin/repetier/smoothieware and not GRBL wich is using different g-code commands, MKS TFTs are closed source and we can not modify the firmware except the config file :(
Répondre