Y Carriage Solution?

Répondre
3DStyle

Y Carriage Solution?

Message par 3DStyle »

Hello,

I just finished to build my I3-RS printer, thanks for sharing it RoMaker!

My Y carriage is made out of MDF that I machined with a CNC, but I guess that the MDF plate I used
is warped, because my heated bed is uneven. First layers are not printed evenly.

I was thinking about purchaseing a Prusa i3 Y carriage, for example:
https://tehnologika.net/Prusa-i3-Alumin ... mm-Reprap/

Do you think it will match the I3-RS? My concern is about the linear rails, I'm not sure if they will match the distance from side to side.
RoMaker
Administrateur du site

Re: Y Carriage Solution?

Message par RoMaker »

Hi, all sizes are good to mount on I3-RS ;)
LHC

Message par LHC »

I'm interested to know what this material is they made that from. It sounds like a multilayer aluminum / plastic composite but I'm not familiar with that stuff. If you buy this plate, post up a pic of it - it looks very interesting !
Thanks
Lewis
3DStyle

Message par 3DStyle »

[/quote]
RoMaker a écrit : 06 déc. 2018 16:38 Hi, all sizes are good to mount on I3-RS ;)
Thanks ;) I checked the DXF file of your plates and the measurements pretty much match the ones of Prusa.
LHC a écrit : 06 déc. 2018 18:56 I'm interested to know what this material is they made that from. It sounds like a multilayer aluminum / plastic composite but I'm not familiar with that stuff. If you buy this plate, post up a pic of it - it looks very interesting !
Thanks
Lewis
Hey Lewis, I ended up purchasing an aluminum plate from Aliexpress.
Like you, I'm not quite sure what's the material they're using, so I preferred to buy it from a seller that uses 100% aluminium. It was also cheaper.
Another reason is that the holes for mounting the heated bed to the Y carriage are 4mm holes and I don't like it. On Aliexpress they're 3.5mm.
Hope it helps.
LHC

Message par LHC »

ok - sounds good ! I am planning to get my Y carriage and frame parts waterjet cut locally where a guy I know works, so it's not critical info, but I am curious about these laminated sheet products as I have seen them around and could not find much info on them.

Lewis
Répondre