Emergency Stop

Répondre
Steve H

Emergency Stop

Message par Steve H »

Is there any reason why the wiring diagram shows the Emergency Stop button connected to the Neutral side of the mains rather than the Live side. I guess it doesn’t really matter but I would have you would get better isolation from it being on the live side.

Many thanks
RoMaker
Administrateur du site

Re: Emergency Stop

Message par RoMaker »

Hi Steve, there is no reason, you can wire it on the live side if you want, its the same with alternating current.
Romain
Steve H

Message par Steve H »

OK, thanks Romain

By the way I’ve made the frame using 18mm plywood rather than the aluminium, as you suggested and it seems fine. I will post a pic when finished.

Thanks again for a great build

Regards
Steve
RoMaker
Administrateur du site

Message par RoMaker »

You're Welcome Steve, can't wait to see your pictures ;)
Lootgeier

Message par Lootgeier »

Is it possible to wire it so it gets approved by CE ?
I would wire an 230V extension onto the CNC Shield so the Mill keeps its CE and doesnt get "destroyed" or modified.
Any other improvements i need to do? German regulations are really hard like even if you open the electronics box there needs to be everything isolated and behind another safety wall (most times acrylic).
There are so many Standards and biggest difference between DIY CNC and bought one is CE and getting insurance if something happens.
Worst case something burns and i dont notice (i know dont keep it running alone but you can fall asleep) and then i have to pay everything.
Are there some tricks to keep safe?
RoMaker
Administrateur du site

Message par RoMaker »

We have already seen CE objects catch fire, the best way to avoid accidents is to wire cleanly and in any case to stay close to the machine running.
Didier

Message par Didier »

Répondre