a few questions about the build

Répondre
Luc358

a few questions about the build

Message par Luc358 »

Hello,

My name is Luc, I’m 21 years old and I live in the Netherlands.
So first of all, let me thank the designer of the RS-CNC!

I'm about to make the CNC machine I have just finish printing all the required parts on my anet A8
I have bought all the required screws, nuts and bolts. and I'm currently looking for an alternative for the iron square tubes I have bought some square tubes and cut it too length but the iron already started rusting on me... Before I even begun to build the machine.

Is it possible to replace the iron square tubes for stainless steel square tubes? and if so is it possible to replace the 30x30mm square tubes with 25x25mm square tubes because I can get the latter for free from my work. I know how to work with fusion 360 so I could myself change the 3D models to make them fit the 25mm square tubes so that is not the problem. Just wondering if it’s not making the machine perform worse because of it.

And I have a question about the aluminum profile, does it need to be reinforced or can it just be hollow and how thick do the walls need to be?
RoMaker
Administrateur du site

Re: a few questions about the build

Message par RoMaker »

Hi Luc ! Your'e welcome :)

Yes you can use stainless square tubes, but the new design is made for 30mm tubes, if you modify the design to mount 25mm tubes, you'll lose some rigidity of the whole.
You don't need to reinforce box screeds, mine are empty ;)
Romain
Répondre